Sep 1, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Senior Associate A.D./Media & Broadcast Relations director John Heisler returns to the blog with more news and notes from the Emerald Isle.
- The Notre Dame football team headed back to Aviva Stadium Friday for a midday walk-thru in shorts. An off-and-on drizzle and cloudy skies kept the Irish off the Aviva pitch and sent them to the practice, artificial turf pitch just outside.
- Following the workout, the players jumped in three double-decker buses (with open-air tops) for a tour of the Dublin city centre and other spots in the downtown area—ending at Dublin Castle (near Temple Bar) where the squad held its team Mass.
- The Irish Times Friday included a four-page tabloid-style section on the Notre Dame-Navy event, and then Saturday ran a feature on the long relationship between the two programs.
- The 90-minute Friday evening event at the O2 proved a resounding success as a packed house of partisan and receptive Notre Dame fans watched and listened to interviews with Notre Dame president Rev. John Jenkins, C.S.C., and vice president and athletics director Jack Swarbrick, performances by the Band of the Fighting Irish, plus a variety of solid Irish musical stars.
- The Naval Academy opted to print a smaller, European-style match programme that sells for 10 Euros. The popular European-style soccer scarves with Notre Dame and Navy logos are being hawked on the corners down Lansdowne Road.
- Among the staff imported by CBS for its telecast are a handful of Dutch photographers who have worked NFL Europe games and the NFL events at Wembley Stadium in London. About 35 production staffers came from the United States to assist in putting on the game.
- Gameday weather appears to be just about perfect, with the Aviva Stadium stands bathed in sunshine.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- Notre Dame defeated three teams in the final BCS Top 25. Only Auburn and Stanford won more. 9 hours ago
- Plenty of interviews for ND today. You can watch Brian Kelly here. watchnd.tv/#!/videos/tucz… And student-athletes here: watchnd.tv/#!/videos/9pbD… 13 hours ago
- RT @NDHeisler: Notre Dame's schedule finished as 17th most difficult in nation (opponents 75-53 for .586). Auburn schedule ranked 10th, Flo… 13 hours ago
- The Irish will be ranked for the @PinstripeBowl as Notre Dame returns to the @AP_Top25 at No. 25. #GoIrish 16 hours ago
- For @NDTix to the @PinstripeBowl, click here- bit.ly/IJv1n3 (Desktop Only) #GoIrish #BeatKnights 18 hours ago
- M. Swimming. Irish Secure Wire-To-Wire Hawkeye Invitational Title
- W. Swimming. Irish Complete Convincing Win At Hawkeye Invitational
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Back At It On Monday Against Bryant
- Football. Brian Kelly Pinstripe Bowl Announcement Press Conference Transcript
- M. Swimming. More Records Left In Irish Wake On Day Two Of Hawkeye Invitational
- M. Soccer. Fighting Irish College Cup Bound For The First Time
- M. Ice Hockey. Late Massachusetts Goal Sends Irish To Defeat, 3-2
- W. Swimming. Irish Extend Lead With Solid Saturday At Hawkeye Invitational
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Delaware Men's Basketball Postgame Quotes
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Delaware Men's Basketball Postgame Notes