Sep 12, 2012, 10:32 AM EDT
The Fighting Irish Digital Media crew posted the latest episode of Irish Connection on Tuesday evening, and like last week, here’s a more in depth breakdown of the video.
0:07 – In this week’s “cold open” captain defensive end Kapron Lewis-Moore fires up the home crowd. In the background you’ll hear the popular Notre Dame anthem “Here Come The Irish” before the “I’m Shipping Up to Boston” starts up just before kickoff. Written by John Scully (’80), I believe that version of the song comes from this live performance by Cathy Richardson on the Notre Dame YouTube channel.
0:47 – From Friday’s football luncheon, head coach Brian Kelly talks about playing in front of the home crowd. Watch the full interview with Jack Nolan on the Notre Dame Athletics YouTube channel below.
1:05 – Freshman KeiVarae Russell talks about what it was like to visit Notre Dame Stadium last season when the Irish took on USC. Recruited as a running back, Russell was switched to cornerback during the summer, and has since taken over the starting role alongside junior Bennett Jackson.
1:26 – As a senior, Will Salvi walked on to the Notre Dame football team, following in the footsteps of his brother Chris. Last spring, Chris was awarded a scholarship for his final season with the Irish. Check out that announcement beginning at the 3:39 mark of the Winter Workout video below.
1:46 – Freshman safety Nicky Baratti saw time in Saturday’s game and made one tackle.
1:54 – Getting his first home start at quarterback, sophomore Everett Golson completed 21 of 31 passes for 289 yards. He threw for one touchdown and ran for another.
2:21 – Davonte’ Neal signed with the Irish three weeks after the usual National Signing Day. In his brief time at Notre Dame, the 5-foot-9 wide receiver/punt returner has shown that he is one of the most athletic players on the team.
2:37 – The Irish prepare in the locker room on Saturday.
2:56 – Will talks about what his brother Chris told him about playing in Notre Dame Stadium for the first time.
3:30 – As a spectator at Notre Dame Stadium, there’s nothing quite like the scene when the Fighting Irish emerge from the tunnel before the game. I can only imagine how special a feeling it must be for the players.
3:41 – Neal, Baratti, Russell and Salvi talk about the feeling of playing in Notre Dame Stadium for the first time. “One of the best experiences of my life,” Salvi says.
4:16 – Russell comes up with a sack late in the fourth quarter. He spoke more about the play after Tuesday’s practice.
4:37 – From Tuesday’s press conference, Coach Kelly comments on what Saturday meant to the first-year players.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- M. Soccer. #1 Notre Dame Visits #8 Indiana On Wednesday
- Football. Notre Dame and ACC Announce Future Football Games
- M. Swimming. With Bonfires Comes Team Bonding
- W. Tennis. Irish Wrap Up Competition At Midwest Regionals
- W. Soccer. Pitch Points: Irish Have The Right Road Formula
- M. Tennis. Irish Doubles Squad Completes Upset Weekend To Claim USTA/ITA Midwest Regional Crown
- W. Soccer. Elizabeth Tucker from University of Notre Dame Named 2014 NCAA Woman of the Year
- M. Tennis. Irish Upset Irish, Earn Bid Into Doubles Championship At Midwest Regionals
- W. Golf. Irish Women's Golf Places 10th In Strong Mercedes-Benz Championship Field
- W. Tennis. Top Doubles Tandem Advances To Monday's USTA/ITA Midwest Regional Championship Match