Oct 4, 2012, 11:17 AM EST
Notre Dame had a bye last week, and those of us who participate in the Irish Blogger Gathering had a break of our own. The IBG returns today in preparation for Saturday’s Shamrock Series game against Miami (7:30 pm ET on NBC).
This week, I sent my three questions to Subway Domer, who had a little fun with his answer to the last one.
Without further ado, here are Subway Domer’s thoughts on Notre Dame football this week.
Going into the season, it seemed like a lot of people were discounting the Hurricanes. You can’t overlook any team in college football, but the general consensus I’ve heard from fans, is that few fear the 2012 Miami team. Do you agree? What do you think of the Hurricanes so far?
Suspect. Basically, I’m not sure about this Miami team. I don’t think they are some completely underrated team that will suddenly show up against a dominate defense. They beat three middle of the road ACC teams by an average of around seven points, blew out POWERFUL Bethune-Cookman, and got BLOWN OUT by Kansas State 52-13.
Oh wait, I am sure…this is a pretty soft Miami team and they know it. Their fans, media, and former players know it too.
Repeat after me: “It’s October and Notre Dame football is undefeated.” A sentence that hasn’t been said in a decade. Feels good, doesn’t it? What do the Irish have to do to keep up the winning ways? What are your two or three keys to beating Miami?
It does feel good – but makes me even more of a nervous Nancy each Saturday. For the Irish to beat Miami and the rest of their schedule, they just need to do what they have been doing on defense. Getting pressure on the quarterback from their base defensive front without the need of a blitzorama has been crucial for this defense with its young secondary. If they can continue to do that, and improve their offensive efficiency, even if only slightly, then Notre Dame will be one of the toughest teams in the country to beat.
Put yourself in Jack Swarbrick’s shoes. Three future Shamrock Series cities/locations and their respective opponents. Ready…set…go.
Love how the parameters are pretty loose here…
- Notre Dame vs. Tennessee @ Bristol Speedway: Apparently this has been discussed before, and the thought of partying with 200,000 people at a tailgate just has oodles of potential.
- Notre Dame vs Ohio State @ Lucas Oil Field: Just do it – AND WEAR SOME BLUE, GOLD, AND GREEN CAMO!
- Notre Dame vs. Alabama ON THE MOON: The Moon is the only possible option for these two humble fanbases.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- Super Bowl XLIX kicks off in an hour. Here’s everything you need to know about our lengthy Super Bowl history. und.com/sports/m-footb… 23 minutes ago
- We join our AD & @CoachBrianKelly wishing @dfleming58 & @jgray_ND25, good luck in #SB49 today with the @Patriots! watchnd.tv/#!/videos/8wMT… 2 hours ago
- Oh what a night! @81TimBrown joins @JeromeBettis36 as a 2015 @nfl @ProFootballHOF inductee #WeAreND http://t.co/FRe8On7YG9 20 hours ago
- Congratulations to one the great Irish running backs! @JeromeBettis36 is elected into the @NFL @ProFootballHOF http://t.co/D6O721zMNE 21 hours ago
- RT @steelers: The Bus is headed to the @ProFootballHOF! Congratulations to @JeromeBettis36 on a well-deserved honor! http://t.co/X80ae10WEp 21 hours ago
- M. Tennis. Match With Illinois Postponed Due To Weather
- Softball. Rounding The Bases With The Irish (First): Who Will Emerge In The Pitching Circle?
- Fencing. Notre Dame Finished Northwestern Duals With Perfect 13-0 Mark
- Football. Jerome Bettis, Tim Brown Named to Pro Football Hall of Fame
- M. Ice Hockey. Notre Dame Wins, 5-3; Earns Split With UNH
- M. Swimming. Notre Dame Wins Over Missouri State and Incarnate Word, Swims to Second against Iowa
- W. Swimming. Irish Wrap Up Winning Weekend With Exciting Senior Day
- Track. Harris Sets Another Record As Irish Conclude Razorback Invitational
- M. Basketball. No. 8 Notre Dame at Pittsburgh: Postgame Quotes
- M. Ice Hockey. IRISH EXTRA: Irish Putting Power Back into Power Play