Oct 4, 2012, 11:17 AM EDT
Notre Dame had a bye last week, and those of us who participate in the Irish Blogger Gathering had a break of our own. The IBG returns today in preparation for Saturday’s Shamrock Series game against Miami (7:30 pm ET on NBC).
This week, I sent my three questions to Subway Domer, who had a little fun with his answer to the last one.
Without further ado, here are Subway Domer’s thoughts on Notre Dame football this week.
Going into the season, it seemed like a lot of people were discounting the Hurricanes. You can’t overlook any team in college football, but the general consensus I’ve heard from fans, is that few fear the 2012 Miami team. Do you agree? What do you think of the Hurricanes so far?
Suspect. Basically, I’m not sure about this Miami team. I don’t think they are some completely underrated team that will suddenly show up against a dominate defense. They beat three middle of the road ACC teams by an average of around seven points, blew out POWERFUL Bethune-Cookman, and got BLOWN OUT by Kansas State 52-13.
Oh wait, I am sure…this is a pretty soft Miami team and they know it. Their fans, media, and former players know it too.
Repeat after me: “It’s October and Notre Dame football is undefeated.” A sentence that hasn’t been said in a decade. Feels good, doesn’t it? What do the Irish have to do to keep up the winning ways? What are your two or three keys to beating Miami?
It does feel good – but makes me even more of a nervous Nancy each Saturday. For the Irish to beat Miami and the rest of their schedule, they just need to do what they have been doing on defense. Getting pressure on the quarterback from their base defensive front without the need of a blitzorama has been crucial for this defense with its young secondary. If they can continue to do that, and improve their offensive efficiency, even if only slightly, then Notre Dame will be one of the toughest teams in the country to beat.
Put yourself in Jack Swarbrick’s shoes. Three future Shamrock Series cities/locations and their respective opponents. Ready…set…go.
Love how the parameters are pretty loose here…
- Notre Dame vs. Tennessee @ Bristol Speedway: Apparently this has been discussed before, and the thought of partying with 200,000 people at a tailgate just has oodles of potential.
- Notre Dame vs Ohio State @ Lucas Oil Field: Just do it – AND WEAR SOME BLUE, GOLD, AND GREEN CAMO!
- Notre Dame vs. Alabama ON THE MOON: The Moon is the only possible option for these two humble fanbases.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
DaVaris Daniels - Becoming A Leader
Length: 3:22 | May 20, 2013
Coach Kelly Sirius/XM Town Hall - Leading Team Out ND Stadium Tunnel
Length: 1:21 | May 22, 2013
Coach Kelly Sirius/XM Town Hall - 'Player Over Play'
Length: 1:26 | May 21, 2013
Coach Kelly Sirius/XM Town Hall - Undefeated Season Similarities
Length: 2:33 | May 20, 2013
- RT @CoachTonyAlford: Notre Dame Stadium: Where goals are accomplished and dreams come to fruition!! WELCOME HOME!! #Go Irish http://t.co/lI… 52 minutes ago
- It is exactly 100 days until we kick off against Temple #GoIrish #BeatOwls ow.ly/i/2bwj0 1 day ago
- Guess who just got on their Twitter game? @NDCheerTeam #Follow 1 day ago
- RT @NDTheLeprechaun: Everyone go and welcome the @NDCheerTeam to twitter! Every #ND fan should give them a follow! #GoIrish 1 day ago
- .@SiriusXMCollege had a Town Hall Meeting w/ @CoachBrianKelly, Today's clip- running out of the tunnel bit.ly/12v53b4 #GoIrish 2 days ago
- Track. Notre Dame Qualifies Five Student-Athletes for the NCAA National Championship
- W. Lacrosse. Sullivan Earns First Team WomensLax.com All-America Honors
- W. Lacrosse. Granger, Hilling Tabbed For IWLCA/Under Armour North-South All-Star Game
- W. Basketball. Pair Of Irish Alums On 2013 WNBA Opening Day Rosters
- Track. Jeremy Rae Wins 1,500m Prelims On Day One Of The NCAA East Preliminary Round
- M. Tennis. Greg Andrews Eliminated From Round of 32 At NCAA Singles Championship
- Baseball. Irish Move Into BIG EAST Tournament Semifinals Following 5-3 Victory Over Pittsburgh
- M. Lacrosse. Matt Miller To Play In Friday's 72nd Annual North-South Game
- W. Golf. Ashley Armstrong To Play In USGA Sectional Qualifier
- M. Lacrosse. Four Irish Players Earn USILA All-America Honors