Oct 4, 2012, 11:17 AM EST
Notre Dame had a bye last week, and those of us who participate in the Irish Blogger Gathering had a break of our own. The IBG returns today in preparation for Saturday’s Shamrock Series game against Miami (7:30 pm ET on NBC).
This week, I sent my three questions to Subway Domer, who had a little fun with his answer to the last one.
Without further ado, here are Subway Domer’s thoughts on Notre Dame football this week.
Going into the season, it seemed like a lot of people were discounting the Hurricanes. You can’t overlook any team in college football, but the general consensus I’ve heard from fans, is that few fear the 2012 Miami team. Do you agree? What do you think of the Hurricanes so far?
Suspect. Basically, I’m not sure about this Miami team. I don’t think they are some completely underrated team that will suddenly show up against a dominate defense. They beat three middle of the road ACC teams by an average of around seven points, blew out POWERFUL Bethune-Cookman, and got BLOWN OUT by Kansas State 52-13.
Oh wait, I am sure…this is a pretty soft Miami team and they know it. Their fans, media, and former players know it too.
Repeat after me: “It’s October and Notre Dame football is undefeated.” A sentence that hasn’t been said in a decade. Feels good, doesn’t it? What do the Irish have to do to keep up the winning ways? What are your two or three keys to beating Miami?
It does feel good – but makes me even more of a nervous Nancy each Saturday. For the Irish to beat Miami and the rest of their schedule, they just need to do what they have been doing on defense. Getting pressure on the quarterback from their base defensive front without the need of a blitzorama has been crucial for this defense with its young secondary. If they can continue to do that, and improve their offensive efficiency, even if only slightly, then Notre Dame will be one of the toughest teams in the country to beat.
Put yourself in Jack Swarbrick’s shoes. Three future Shamrock Series cities/locations and their respective opponents. Ready…set…go.
Love how the parameters are pretty loose here…
- Notre Dame vs. Tennessee @ Bristol Speedway: Apparently this has been discussed before, and the thought of partying with 200,000 people at a tailgate just has oodles of potential.
- Notre Dame vs Ohio State @ Lucas Oil Field: Just do it – AND WEAR SOME BLUE, GOLD, AND GREEN CAMO!
- Notre Dame vs. Alabama ON THE MOON: The Moon is the only possible option for these two humble fanbases.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- RT @CoachTonyAlford: @NDFootball @CoachBrianKelly @CoachKerryCooks @MikeDenbrock South-South-South!!! #GoIrish 7 hours ago
- RT @adam_nd_myers: Packing the cold weather trunk for the @PinstripeBowl #NYCchristmas #IrishInNYC http://t.co/Mpxqj8ln5r 8 hours ago
- #Follow @CoachSBooker @CoachHiestand @CoachMikeElston @elliottndfb #SafeTravels #WhereInTheWorldIs 8 hours ago
- #WhereInTheWorldIs our coaching staff? On the road recruiting! #Follow @CoachBrianKelly @CoachKerryCooks @CoachTonyAlford @MikeDenbrock... 8 hours ago
- Can't imagine ND Stadium without it RT @NDLibraries: #50Milestones: The 'Word of Life' mural 50years.library.nd.edu/50milestones/#6 http://t.co/cnXT3YtNZF 10 hours ago
- M. Ice Hockey. Vince Hinostroza Added To Preliminary USA Roster For 2014 IIHF World Junior Championships
- M. Basketball. Fighting Irish To Battle The Bison On Wednesday
- M. Lacrosse. Jim Marlatt And Stephen O'Hara To Captain The Irish
- W. Volleyball. Houser Earns AVCA East Coast All-Region Honors
- M. Swimming. Stephens, Coumos Named ACC Weekly Award Winners
- M. Soccer. #3 Irish Face #7 Lobos In First College Cup Appearance
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Bryant - Postgame Quotes
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Bryant - Postgame Notes
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Rolls Past Bryant, 70-59
- Softball. Softball Accepting Registration For January 19 Clinic