Feb 6, 2013, 6:12 PM EDT
Throughout the 2012 football season, our good friends at the Her Loyal Sons blog put together Twitter summaries of each Notre Dame football game.
For many people, being on Twitter has become part of the experience of watching sports, so it should come as no surprise that these summaries became a very popular way of re-living the Fighting Irish football season.
Inspired by HLS, I have put together a few similar recaps (like this one, which to this day, is our most viewed post on the Strong & True blog).
Since I spent much of National Signing Day on Twitter, as part of my contribution to Fighting Irish Digital Media’s live broadcast, I figured it was only fitting to capture some of the best tweets of the day that we didn’t have time to share this morning.
From the older and wiser Notre Dame football alums, all the way down to the early enrollees who’ve only been on campus for a few weeks, here’s a look at National Signing Day through the eyes of those who have experienced it firsthand.
Shout out to all the guys signing letters of intent today.Enjoy it. Especially those joining the ND Family.—
Gary Gray (@SameOleGG) February 06, 2013
Welcome to the ND family!—
Chase Hounshell (@chasehounshell) February 06, 2013
I also think it is hilarious that they named their class "Irish mob."—
Kapron Lewis-Moore (@KLM_89) February 06, 2013
Congrats to all the ND signees today!! It's a very excited time for each one!—
Robby Toma (@RobJob293) February 06, 2013
Proud all my brodies signin a letter of intent today. Ur life will forever be changed. Remember its a 40 yr decision not a 4 year decision!—
TJ Jones (@Tj2Smoove) February 06, 2013
Congrats to all the kids who signed that LOI today. Enjoy that last semester of high school and show up ready to work in June.—
Mike Golic Jr (@MGolicJR57) February 06, 2013
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- With Louis Nix III, Stephon Tuitt off to the NFL, @S_NDbound_Day91 will be our next great DL #uNDerConsideration http://t.co/TFFNoAaNIY 1 hour ago
- RT @moosey2taasty: "You don't go to Notre Dame to learn something. You go to Notre Dame to be somebody." -Lou Holtz 3 hours ago
- Please keep #NDFBalum, and @HeismanTrophy winner, Johnny Lujack in your thoughts- bit.ly/1nDWkkv #NDFamily 3 hours ago
- First day of work for our @NDFBEquipment managers. Good luck! #NDFBFamily 8 hours ago
- Mr. Clutch - @kylebrindza was one of eight in the FBS that handled all three duties in 2013. #uNDerconsideration http://t.co/iMc5xbfKeb 23 hours ago
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Hockey Announces 2014-15 Schedule
- W. Rowing. Irish Rowers Win Two Gold Medals At World Under 23 Championships
- Football. Irish Will Open Training Camp At Culver Academies
- M. Golf. Three Irish Golfers Named Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-America Scholars
- M. Soccer. Irish In The Pros Update
- W. Basketball. From The Hardwood: One Amazing Week For Irish
- Track. New Head Coach, Familiar Face
- Cross Country. New Head Coach, Familiar Face
- W. Rowing. Notre Dame Rowing To Host Indoor Clinics On Aug. 17 And Nov. 23
- Baseball. Irish Baseball Announces Eight-Member Freshman Class