Feb 6, 2013, 6:12 PM EDT
Throughout the 2012 football season, our good friends at the Her Loyal Sons blog put together Twitter summaries of each Notre Dame football game.
For many people, being on Twitter has become part of the experience of watching sports, so it should come as no surprise that these summaries became a very popular way of re-living the Fighting Irish football season.
Inspired by HLS, I have put together a few similar recaps (like this one, which to this day, is our most viewed post on the Strong & True blog).
Since I spent much of National Signing Day on Twitter, as part of my contribution to Fighting Irish Digital Media’s live broadcast, I figured it was only fitting to capture some of the best tweets of the day that we didn’t have time to share this morning.
From the older and wiser Notre Dame football alums, all the way down to the early enrollees who’ve only been on campus for a few weeks, here’s a look at National Signing Day through the eyes of those who have experienced it firsthand.
Shout out to all the guys signing letters of intent today.Enjoy it. Especially those joining the ND Family.—
Gary Gray (@SameOleGG) February 06, 2013
Welcome to the ND family!—
Chase Hounshell (@chasehounshell) February 06, 2013
I also think it is hilarious that they named their class "Irish mob."—
Kapron Lewis-Moore (@KLM_89) February 06, 2013
Congrats to all the ND signees today!! It's a very excited time for each one!—
Robby Toma (@RobJob293) February 06, 2013
Proud all my brodies signin a letter of intent today. Ur life will forever be changed. Remember its a 40 yr decision not a 4 year decision!—
TJ Jones (@Tj2Smoove) February 06, 2013
Congrats to all the kids who signed that LOI today. Enjoy that last semester of high school and show up ready to work in June.—
Mike Golic Jr (@MGolicJR57) February 06, 2013
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- We've looked at your votes and the programs with the most votes for NDFB vs _____ are Oregon, Alabama, Ohio State, Nebraska, and Penn St. 8 minutes ago
- RT @NDFBEquipment: Helmet reconditioning with @RiddellSports is packed and ready to be picked up #GoIrish http://t.co/t5OAFuMJmt 14 minutes ago
- RT @CoachBrianKelly: Great day today in Vero Beach, FL for a UND Celebration. Met some unbelievable alumni and fans. #GoIrish 14 minutes ago
- Spring Ball is over and football season feels so far away. We'll help you pass the time. Tell us- who is your dream opponent? NDFB vs ______ 2 hours ago
- RT @NDMonogram: Now playing at our letter jacket ceremony, here's the short video, "A Notre Dame Monogram." youtu.be/WdkKA711qJ4 3 hours ago
- W. Lacrosse. Women's Lacrosse Loses at No. 13 Ohio State, 12-9
- Softball. #21/22 Irish Close Homestand Against Toledo Wednesday
- W. Rowing. Rowing Recap: Onward To Michigan
- Baseball. Winter Weather Postpones Baseball Game At Michigan State
- Baseball. Baseball Jumps Back Into Action This Week At Michigan State And Toledo
- W. Lacrosse. Molly Shawhan Selflessly Serves Society
- W. Basketball. McBride, Achonwa Selected In First Round Of 2014 WNBA Draft
- M. Basketball. Eric Atkins Nabs Notre Dame Monogram Club MVP Award
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Update: ACC Tournament Field Set
- Football. Irish Legends Charity Event Set For May 15