Aug 29, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
In a new partnership between the University of Notre Dame and Upper Deck, we have begun a weekly football series entitled “Trading Card Thursday.” Every Thursday leading up to the Brian Kelly Radio Show at 7 p.m. (ET), we will be presenting a new trading card from the Upper Deck Notre Dame football box set. You watch the Brian Kelly Radio Show live at watchnd.tv.
Brady Quinn – 2003-2006 – Quarterback
In the first of many Trading Card Thursday’s presented by Upper Deck, we will turn our attention to former Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn.
For a chance to win an autographed Brady Quinn Upper Deck trading card, answer the following question on twitter to @NDSportsBlogger or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Brady Quinn was the second Notre Dame football player to attempt 300 passes in a single season (353 attempt in 2004), name the first.
Quinn was selected as the Cingular All-America Player of the Year, the recipient of the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award, the Maxwell Award winner and the MSNBC Most Valuable Player in 2006 after leading the Fighting Irish to 10 wins and a Bowl Championship Series berth in the Sugar Bowl.
Quinn ranked third in the nation in touchdown passes (37) during his senior season and completed 289 of 467 pass attempts for 3,426 yards, averaging 263.5 yards per game and compiling a 146.7 pass efficiency rating.
A Heisman finalist in his senior season, Quinn also finished fourth in the Heisman race for his efforts during his junior season.
A 2006 graduate of Notre Dame, Quinn left South Bend with a pair of degree’s in finance and political science.
Quinn holds a bevy of Notre Dame football records.
- Pass completions in a season (292)
- Pass completions in a career (929)
- Consecutive games completing a pass (49)
- Pass completions per game in a season (24.3)
- Pass attempts without an interception in a game (47)
- Consecutive pass attempts without an interception (226)
- Passing yards in a season (3,919)
- Passing yards in a career (11,762)
- Passing yards per game in a season (326.6)
- Passing yards per game in a career (240.0)
- Touchdown passes in a game (6)
- Touchdown passes in a season (37)
- Touchdown passes in a career (95)
Celebrate the tradition of Notre Dame Football with a comprehensive Upper Deck trading card set featuring some of the most notable names in Fighting Irish history!
· Look for autographs from past Irish greats like: Joe Montana, Jerome Bettis, Tim Brown, Joe Theismann, Paul Hornung, Ricky Watters, Lou Holtz, Brady Quinn, and many more!
· Collect the entire 100-card set featuring players and memorable moments in ND history!
· Look for themed inserts like All-Time Alumni, NCAA All-Americans, National Champions and Golden Dome Glory Days.
· Available at the Notre Dame Hammes bookstore, Meijer and upperdeckstore.com.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- Dec. 5, 1953, 60 years ago today, Frank Leahy's Irish capped an undefeated 9-0-1 season by beating SMU 40-14 #TBT http://t.co/srgTCUecYK 37 minutes ago
- New Strong & True blog- "ND Rank: #71-75" bit.ly/18bhBMy by @JrNDBloggers Craig Chval ('15) #NDFamily 2 hours ago
- RT @JR_Sandlin: 🏈 doesn't last .... A DEGREE DOES Just something 2 consider... #NotreDame 🍀 #GoIrish #CollegeFoo… 18 hours ago
- RT @CoachKerryCooks: Love spending time in Texas this week! Always great to see all the ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ here! Got to get some of these guys to ND! #G… 1 day ago
- Congrats and good luck to Chuck Martin on being named the head coach at Miami Univ. The RedHawks are getting a solid coach. 1 day ago
- W. Basketball. Achonwa Leads No. 4 Irish Past No. 10 Penn State
- M. Ice Hockey. Thomas DiPauli Selected To Preliminary USA Roster For 2014 IIHF World Junior Championships
- W. Volleyball. Houser Named Third Team All-ACC
- M. Basketball. Postgame Notes
- M. Basketball. Head Coach Mike Brey Postgame Quotes
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Falls at Iowa, 98-93
- Baseball. Irish Update From Around Professional Baseball
- M. Soccer. Harrison Shipp Named A MAC Hermann Trophy Semifinalist
- W. Basketball. #4/5 Irish Visit #10/11 Penn State Wednesday For Big Ten/ACC Challenge
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Set For Inaugural Appearance In Big Ten/ACC Challenge