Oct 2, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
During the football season, a group of six Notre Dame bloggers join forces to ask one another questions and see who can come up with the best and most clever responses. The group of six includes Her Loyal Sons, Inside the Irish, Subway Domer, UHND, ND Nation and NDSportsBlogger (the guy writing this).
The whole Irish convoy travels to the heart of Texas for this year’s Shamrock Series game…
Here are the links to the other ‘gatherings’ that took place around the interweb:
(Links become live once posted)
Subway Domer asks Her Loyal Sons
ND Nation asks @NDSportsBlogger
Her Loyal Sons asks UHND
Inside the Irish asks ND Nation
UHND asks Inside the Irish
For this edition I had the opportunity to ask Mr. Subway Domer himself three questions: And we’re off!
- 1. So, about the Alma Mater fiasco, what are your thoughts?
- SD: Apparently not enough. This has been a major topic coming out of the OU game, and I really haven’t given it much thought. This isn’t a “tradition” in the sense that it has been around for decades. It started during the Charlie Weis era. I understand both sides, but honestly I make no big issue of it. Personally, I think they should just go back to the players saluting the students during the victory march and then head back into the locker room, but as a Subway Alum… I’ll leave that to the students, players, and administrators.
- 2. We are almost to the midpoint of the season, give me your Irish MVP, Most Improved, Most Likely To Make a Second-Half Impact and Coach of the Year.
- SD: MVP- Louis Nix. Despite a supposed lack of stats, Nix has been a monster on the inside and someone that the opposing offense has to gameplan against each week.
- Most improved- Troy Niklas. He had an rough game against Purdue, but for the most part, Niklas has been an incredible blocker and has shown good hands and the ability to get open.
- 2nd Half Impact- Tarean Folston. I think we are finding our lead back in GA3, but Folston is looking the part as the next guy in and I expect a lot more from him during the remainder if the season.
- Coach- Mike Denbrock.
- 3. This weekend the Irish head down to North Texas to play Arizona State in AT&T Stadium in the Shamrock Series. What are your top-three Shamrock Series Venues and what team would the Irish play at that venue.
- SD: Wisconsin at Lambeau Field.
- Tennessee at Bristol
- Ohio State at Lucas Oil Stadium
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- For those asking, today's pep rally is still on. Looking forward to seeing our great fans in half an hour at the Rockne Memorial! 41 minutes ago
- A great game day tradition if you’re on campus! RT @ListerSue: Waiting for trumpets in the Dome! #GoIrish #tradition http://t.co/TmjqCPuN15 2 hours ago
- Time for @CoachBrianKelly's pregame meeting with our familiar @NDonNBC broadcast crew. http://t.co/fmGLEuSISZ 6 hours ago
- Great shot! RT @NDFootball RT @MichaelMFloyd: Always a good time catching up with old college teammates. #NDfamily instagram.com/p/sRYHzgnL72/ 8 hours ago
- Less than 45 hours until we do this for real! vine.co/v/Ml9detdtO9W 23 hours ago
- W. Volleyball. Irish Open Season Against Elite Competition In Minnesota
- W. Basketball. From The Hardwood: Irish Earning Awards In WNBA
- W. Soccer. Fighting Irish Fight for Life
- Football. Fabulous Forties Finale
- General News. Navy, Army and Air Force ROTC programs to be honored in conjunction with Saturday's Notre Dame-Rice football game
- Football. For the Love of Notre Dame
- Football. Fabulous Forties Finale
- W. Soccer. #11/10 Irish, #16/12 Texas Tech Square Off On Friday
- M. Ice Hockey. NBC Sports Group To Broadcast 20 University of Notre Dame Hockey Games In 2014-15
- Track. Notre Dame Welcomes Strong Freshman Class