Oct 2, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
During the football season, a group of six Notre Dame bloggers join forces to ask one another questions and see who can come up with the best and most clever responses. The group of six includes Her Loyal Sons, Inside the Irish, Subway Domer, UHND, ND Nation and NDSportsBlogger (the guy writing this).
The whole Irish convoy travels to the heart of Texas for this year’s Shamrock Series game…
Here are the links to the other ‘gatherings’ that took place around the interweb:
(Links become live once posted)
Subway Domer asks Her Loyal Sons
ND Nation asks @NDSportsBlogger
Her Loyal Sons asks UHND
Inside the Irish asks ND Nation
UHND asks Inside the Irish
For this edition I had the opportunity to ask Mr. Subway Domer himself three questions: And we’re off!
- 1. So, about the Alma Mater fiasco, what are your thoughts?
- SD: Apparently not enough. This has been a major topic coming out of the OU game, and I really haven’t given it much thought. This isn’t a “tradition” in the sense that it has been around for decades. It started during the Charlie Weis era. I understand both sides, but honestly I make no big issue of it. Personally, I think they should just go back to the players saluting the students during the victory march and then head back into the locker room, but as a Subway Alum… I’ll leave that to the students, players, and administrators.
- 2. We are almost to the midpoint of the season, give me your Irish MVP, Most Improved, Most Likely To Make a Second-Half Impact and Coach of the Year.
- SD: MVP- Louis Nix. Despite a supposed lack of stats, Nix has been a monster on the inside and someone that the opposing offense has to gameplan against each week.
- Most improved- Troy Niklas. He had an rough game against Purdue, but for the most part, Niklas has been an incredible blocker and has shown good hands and the ability to get open.
- 2nd Half Impact- Tarean Folston. I think we are finding our lead back in GA3, but Folston is looking the part as the next guy in and I expect a lot more from him during the remainder if the season.
- Coach- Mike Denbrock.
- 3. This weekend the Irish head down to North Texas to play Arizona State in AT&T Stadium in the Shamrock Series. What are your top-three Shamrock Series Venues and what team would the Irish play at that venue.
- SD: Wisconsin at Lambeau Field.
- Tennessee at Bristol
- Ohio State at Lucas Oil Stadium
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- After 9 weeks of college football your Fighting Irish are ranked No. 7 in the AP Top 25 & No. 8 in the USA Today Poll http://t.co/T5NbnEjmQF 1 day ago
- RT @WatchND: The highlights of quite possibly the game of the college football season are now up #OnWatchND #NDvsFSU watchnd.tv/#!/videos/ZhdT… 1 day ago
- RT @NDsidBertschy: Of the 48 players that participated for @NDFootball last night vs. No. 2 FSU, 27 are in their 1st or 2nd year of eligibi… 1 day ago
- RT @EHansenNDI: #NotreDame WR Will Fuller moves into a tie for 3rd in TD receptions nationally with 8. 1 day ago
- RT @DavidtheAdmiral: Not sleeping well after loss, but couldn't be prouder of the Irish. One of the best games I've seen. #PressOn 1 day ago
- W. Tennis. Irish Wrap Up Competition At Midwest Regionals
- W. Soccer. Pitch Points: Irish Have The Right Road Formula
- M. Tennis. Irish Doubles Squad Completes Upset Weekend To Claim USTA/ITA Midwest Regional Crown
- W. Soccer. Elizabeth Tucker from University of Notre Dame Named 2014 NCAA Woman of the Year
- M. Tennis. Irish Upset Irish, Earn Bid Into Doubles Championship At Midwest Regionals
- W. Golf. Irish Women's Golf Places 10th In Strong Mercedes-Benz Championship Field
- W. Tennis. Top Doubles Tandem Advances To Monday's USTA/ITA Midwest Regional Championship Match
- W. Rowing. Top 10 For Irish Championship Four Highlights Head Of The Charles Results
- W. Volleyball. Irish Rally From Down 2-0; Best BC In Five-Set Thriller
- Football. Brian Kelly Florida State Review Teleconference Transcript