Oct 2, 2013, 8:55 AM EDT
During the football season, a group of six Notre Dame bloggers join forces to ask one another questions and see who can come up with the best and most clever responses. The group of six includes Her Loyal Sons, Inside the Irish, Subway Domer, UHND, ND Nation and NDSportsBlogger (the guy writing this).
The whole Irish convoy travels to the heart of Texas for this year’s Shamrock Series game…
Here are the links to the other ‘gatherings’ that took place around the interweb:
(Links become live once posted)
Subway Domer asks Her Loyal Sons
ND Nation asks @NDSportsBlogger
Her Loyal Sons asks UHND
Inside the Irish asks ND Nation
UHND asks Inside the Irish
For this edition I had the opportunity to ask Mr. Subway Domer himself three questions: And we’re off!
- 1. So, about the Alma Mater fiasco, what are your thoughts?
- SD: Apparently not enough. This has been a major topic coming out of the OU game, and I really haven’t given it much thought. This isn’t a “tradition” in the sense that it has been around for decades. It started during the Charlie Weis era. I understand both sides, but honestly I make no big issue of it. Personally, I think they should just go back to the players saluting the students during the victory march and then head back into the locker room, but as a Subway Alum… I’ll leave that to the students, players, and administrators.
- 2. We are almost to the midpoint of the season, give me your Irish MVP, Most Improved, Most Likely To Make a Second-Half Impact and Coach of the Year.
- SD: MVP- Louis Nix. Despite a supposed lack of stats, Nix has been a monster on the inside and someone that the opposing offense has to gameplan against each week.
- Most improved- Troy Niklas. He had an rough game against Purdue, but for the most part, Niklas has been an incredible blocker and has shown good hands and the ability to get open.
- 2nd Half Impact- Tarean Folston. I think we are finding our lead back in GA3, but Folston is looking the part as the next guy in and I expect a lot more from him during the remainder if the season.
- Coach- Mike Denbrock.
- 3. This weekend the Irish head down to North Texas to play Arizona State in AT&T Stadium in the Shamrock Series. What are your top-three Shamrock Series Venues and what team would the Irish play at that venue.
- SD: Wisconsin at Lambeau Field.
- Tennessee at Bristol
- Ohio State at Lucas Oil Stadium
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- Checking out FedEx Field on our way to the hotel. 26 hours to game time #BeatNavy #FridayFocus http://t.co/rDrmLvuWMa 10 hours ago
- The Irish have arrived in Washington D.C. #BeatNavy http://t.co/wsEA1VzXsS 11 hours ago
- DC bound. #BeatNavy vine.co/v/OOW0M36ZiPE 13 hours ago
- RT @NDsidBertschy: .@NDFootball @CoachBrianKelly is one of 13 coaches named to the watch list for the 2014 Dodd Trophy given to the nation'… 14 hours ago
- Sheriff Charlie Fiessinger, Drew Recker (Cowboy), Matthew Hegarty ( Football Player) Scott Daly (Tiger) Cam... vine.co/v/OOWhJY2JPIZ 14 hours ago
- W. Swimming. Irish Return Home For Hoosier State Showdown With No. 24 Purdue
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Head To Chicago For Playing For Peace Service Day
- M. Basketball. Tom Hawkins Set To Become Seventh Notre Dame Basketball Ring Of Honor Inductee
- W. Soccer. #9/7 Irish Travel To Boston College For Regular Season Finale
- M. Soccer. #5 Irish Close Regular Season Saturday At Pitt
- M. Soccer. IRISH EXTRA: A Wall In Goal
- Cross Country. Irish Women Finish Fifth, Men Finish Seventh At ACC Championships
- M. Swimming. Notre Dame Set To Host Purdue Saturday In First Dual Meet Of The Season
- M. Basketball. Irish To Meet Minnesota Duluth In Exhibition Opener
- Baseball. Blue Tops Gold, 6-3, In First Game Of Annual Fall Series