Oct 16, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
Devin Butler is a freshman cornerback from Washington D.C. In the latest “2 Minute Drill,” find out what Devin had to say about baseball, Bora Bora, and acting.
Q: If you could have one superpower what would it be?
A: Mind reading. It would just be cool to know what everybody is thinking.
Q: Who is your favorite football player?
A: Patrick Peterson has always been one of my favorite players ever since he came out of high school.
Q: Describe your pregame ritual.
A: I try not to take everything too serious. I try to just relax, but not be lax.
Q: If you didn’t play football what other sport would you want to play?
A: Baseball. When I played little league, I was an outfielder, but being left handed, I’ve always wanted to be a pitcher.
Q: Tell us something about Devin Butler that people don’t know.
A: I always wanted to act and do school plays when I was little. That’s something I’ve always wanted to do.
Q: What is your favorite football related memory?
A: The first time I ever scored a touchdown in little league. It definitely was a great feeling.
Q: What song has been stuck in your head lately?
A: “Hold On We’re Going Home” by Drake.
Q: What is the best nickname on the team?
A: That’s a tough one. Chris Brown is “Breezy.” Some people call me “Butts.”
Q: What position other than cornerback would you like to play?
A: Defensive end. Oh yeah.
Q: Name something you can’t live without.
A: My family.
Q: What is your favorite movie?
A: Menace II Society.
Q: Where is your favorite spot on campus?
A: Zahm, my dorm. Zahm House, I mean.
Q: Who is the funniest member of the team?
A: I would say Kendall Moore.
Q: Who is the most serious teammate?
A: Cam McDaniel.
Q: Where would you take your ideal vacation?
A: Bora Bora.
If you have a question you would like to have answered by a player in a future “Two Minute Drill” post, write it in the comments section below, tweet at the @NDSportsBlogger or email him at AHorvat3@nd.edu.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- It's hard to find things to occupy your time when Notre Dame football isn't on. What did you do with your Saturday? http://t.co/ezViEswBYf 14 hours ago
- Bye weeks can be tough. Get your afternoon Fighting Irish football fix & watch Reborn. vimeo.com/user17797751/r… http://t.co/mJrFsODgKP 22 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: It's GORGEOUS! @panoramascom has the photo shot before @NDFootball vs Michigan ready for sale- ntrda.me/NDpano2014 ht… 2 days ago
- Super SloMo footage to satisfy your bye-week-blues courtesy of @NDfidm . Watch now at watchnd.tv/#!/videos/5hc2… http://t.co/sIi2O7tARP 2 days ago
- Cody Riggs on the Irish starting the season 3-0. #PlayerProspective http://t.co/u1MHTXOGxl 2 days ago
- W. Volleyball. No. 11 Purdue Takes Down Notre Dame, 3-0
- M. Tennis. Men's Tennis Continues Play At Fighting Illini Invitational And Farnsworth Ivy Invitational
- W. Soccer. #18/12 Irish Drop 2OT Heartbreaker To #9/8 North Carolina, 3-2
- M. Ice Hockey. IRISH EXTRA: Blackhawk's Stephen Johns Feeling Right At Home At Notre Dame
- M. Golf. Irish Set For First Windon Memorial Classic Appearance Since 2004
- M. Tennis. Men's Tennis Opens Fall Schedule With Two Invitationals
- Cross Country. Notre Dame Women First, Men Second At National Catholic Championships
- W. Volleyball. Irish Take Down Saint Louis, 3-1; Complete Friday Sweep
- M. Soccer. Bobby Clark's Coaching Connections
- W. Volleyball. Volleyball Outlasts Morehead State, 3-2, Friday Afternoon