Jun 5, 2014, 9:57 AM EST
In a move that not many people were expecting (well, at least I wasn’t), NBC has reassigned Alex Flanagan from her post as the sideline reporter for Notre Dame football games to another position within the Network.
Flanagan sent out a tweet on Wednesday thanking everyone for her seven years at Notre Dame.
It's been a tremendous 7 years for which I am grateful. My comments regarding Notre Dame news. http://t.co/qZNPFepeGO
— Alex Flanagan (@Alex_Flanagan) June 4, 2014
Flanagan joins the likes of Lewis Johnson and John Dockery as former Notre Dame football sideline reporters.
During Flanagan’s tenure in the position, many found her to be a perfect mixture of reporter and charm, the ideal concoction for a sports sideline reporter. Never one to shy away from asking the necessary question, Flanagan endeared herself to Notre Dame fans by the way she carried herself on game days, always willing to say a few words to fans and interact with them on social media.
In the past NBC has done a great job with filling this role with an individual who shares the passion for the game and understands what Notre Dame football means to the college football landscape.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- Notre Dame's TD drive goes for 7 plays, 73 yards in 3:38 to narrow the Cardinals lead 31-28 with 11:17 remaining in the game. #LOUvsND 7 minutes ago
- RT @NDHeisler: This is 16th straight game Everett Golson has had 200+ passing yards --so far today he is 13 of 18 for 214. 8 minutes ago
- Golson's pass goes off Terell Floyd & into the hands of Fuller for his 14th TD of the season. Golson scrambles to pick up 2 point conversion 9 minutes ago
- Tarean Folston busts free for 22 yards and the Notre Dame first down. Folston is approaching the century mark in rushing today. #LOUvsND 15 minutes ago
- Radcliff finds the outside and rushes 15 yards for the score. Louisville extends their lead to 31-20 with 14:55 remaining in the game. 17 minutes ago
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish And River Hawks Battle To A 2-2 Tie
- W. Volleyball. No. 7 North Carolina Tops Notre Dame, 3-0, Friday Night
- W. Basketball. Inside The Game: #3/2 Notre Dame 88, Chattanooga 53
- W. Basketball. Postgame Quotes: Notre Dame 88, Chattanooga 53
- W. Basketball. #3/2 Irish Cruise Past Chattanooga, 88-53
- W. Soccer. Muya Shines As Irish Earn A 2-1 Comeback Win Over Texas In NCAA Second Round
- M. Soccer. #1 Irish To Battle Buckeyes In NCAA Second Round
- Baseball. Irish Update From Around Professional Baseball
- Football. Living Out a Dream
- Football. Influential Fathers