Aug 5, 2012, 1:17 PM EDT
A few nasty thunderstorms hit South Bend on Saturday evening and during the wee hours of Sunday morning, but it was another beautiful day at the LaBar Practice Complex when the Irish hit the field for their second practice of training camp.
The Fighting Irish Digital Media crew was there and their latest update features sound bites from five of the assistant coaches, including outside wide receivers coach Mike Denbrock, offensive line coach Harry Hiestand, defensive line coach Mike Elston, running backs/slot wide receivers coach Tony Alford and assistant head coach/defensive coordinator Bob Diaco.
In the video, Denbrock shows his players how to beat defensive backs in press man coverage, Hiestand runs the linemen through a blocking drill and Elston demonstrates a block with graduate student Kapron-Lewis Moore.
Though many know Moore by “Kap” or simply KLM, Coach Elston has another nickname for him – Kappy
The video also features the backs and receivers working on acceleration with Alford, as well as the linebackers intercepting passes from Diaco.
Watch the three-minute video below and check back often to UND.com for more updates on the Irish as they prepare for the 2012 season.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- W. Basketball. Kayla McBride - Next Inductee into Ring of Honor
- Football. Notre Dame-USC: What the Irish Learned
- W. Rowing. Championship Eight, Four Compete At Head Of The Charles
- W. Volleyball. Irish Stun Miami In Incredible 3-2 Comeback Victory
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Falls In ITA Midwest Regional Quarterfinal
- Football. Replay: Trojans No Match for Physical Irish
- M. Golf. Irish to Compete in Final Fall Tournament
- W. Soccer. Irish Complete Sweep Through Florida With 2-1 Win Over Miami
- Football. Irish Bring Home Shillelagh in Emphatic 49-14 Win
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Advances At ITA Midwest Regional Championships