Aug 6, 2012, 7:50 PM EST
After two days in shorts, practice jerseys and helmets, the Irish moved one step closer to a full contact workout, adding shoulder pads to the mix this morning. If yesterday’s weather was great, today’s was perfect.
From a spectator’s view, these early August practices might seem a bit repetitive (though that will change when the team switches to full pads on Wednesday).
Instead of a traditional practice update, today’s feature from Fighting Irish Digital Media (@NDfidm) focuses on graduate student defensive end Kapron Lewis-Moore.
After missing the final six games of the 2011 campaign with a knee injury, KLM returns in 2012, poised to be one of Coach Kelly’s veteran leaders.
From the looks of today’s practice, that knee is back at full strength, and Lewis-Moore will be a key part of what should be a strong defensive front for the Irish.
It’s probably safe to say few people have more fun on the football field than the 6-foot-4, 306 lb. Texas native, who recently dubbed his fellow defensive linemen “Team No Abs” (More on that in the video).
If you attended any hockey, basketball or lacrosse games earlier this year, you probably saw KLM and some of his upperclassmen teammates enthusiastically cheering in the student section. Just check out the “Our Team, Our Story” video from a men’s basketball game in February.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- We got that #FridayFeeling courtesy of @TevonConey. #GoIrish ☘ https://t.co/PcWVF9sKNc 58 minutes ago
- They can't stop what they can't catch. #GoIrish ☘ https://t.co/8oPzlHvV48 12 hours ago
- Did you know midyear enrollee @JackLamb_'s favorite emoji is 😂? Get to know more about the LB ⬇️. #GoIrish ☘… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 20 hours ago
- Our men have been staying active in the South Bend community. #GoIrish ☘ #4for40 https://t.co/pAbuRbu55Y 22 hours ago
- RT @mcjavon: And so it begins...🍀 https://t.co/VAyAFwq9Up 23 hours ago
- Softball. #25 Irish Find Offense In Competitive Top-10 Games
- Baseball. Notre Dame Splits Doubleheader at Alamo Irish Classic
- Swimming & Diving. #19 Irish Ride Record Night Firmly Into ACC Top 5
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Vanquish Virginia Tech, 89-59
- Track & Field. Irish DMR's Highlight Day One
- W. Lacrosse. Irish set to host No. 7/6 USC
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame at Wake Forest - Five Things To Know
- M. Tennis. Need To Know: Michigan, Ohio State & Toledo
- Baseball. SCHEDULE CHANGE: First Pitch Rescheduled
- M. Golf. Irish Wrap Play at Prestige at PGA West