Aug 6, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
After two days in shorts, practice jerseys and helmets, the Irish moved one step closer to a full contact workout, adding shoulder pads to the mix this morning. If yesterday’s weather was great, today’s was perfect.
From a spectator’s view, these early August practices might seem a bit repetitive (though that will change when the team switches to full pads on Wednesday).
Instead of a traditional practice update, today’s feature from Fighting Irish Digital Media (@NDfidm) focuses on graduate student defensive end Kapron Lewis-Moore.
After missing the final six games of the 2011 campaign with a knee injury, KLM returns in 2012, poised to be one of Coach Kelly’s veteran leaders.
From the looks of today’s practice, that knee is back at full strength, and Lewis-Moore will be a key part of what should be a strong defensive front for the Irish.
It’s probably safe to say few people have more fun on the football field than the 6-foot-4, 306 lb. Texas native, who recently dubbed his fellow defensive linemen “Team No Abs” (More on that in the video).
If you attended any hockey, basketball or lacrosse games earlier this year, you probably saw KLM and some of his upperclassmen teammates enthusiastically cheering in the student section. Just check out the “Our Team, Our Story” video from a men’s basketball game in February.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- RT @NFLFilms: One of the greatest to ever suit up in silver & black. Happy birthday to @ProFootballHOF receiver @81TimBrown! #TDTimmy @RAID… 11 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: 🏈 We've revamped the concession stands at Notre Dame Stadium. 🔹 New Look 🔹 New Food 🔹 New TV Monitors Here's a sneak p… 12 hours ago
- RT @CoachMikeElston: Defensive Line Pool Party and BBQ!! Unwinding after an intense summer and getting ready for push this fall! GO IRISH… 1 day ago
- RT @FightingIrish: The new facility at ND Stadium has 1,650,000 bricks. Laid end-to-end they stretch 200 miles. Long enough to go from ND… 1 day ago
- RT @ChaseClaypool: Jet skiing.. Boating .. Tubing and a feast !! @CoachBrianKelly does it right !! #Team1 ☘️ https://t.co/5NSRDHXUaC 1 day ago
- Swimming & Diving. World Championships Underway For Plaschka
- Fencing. Nelip Snares Silver At FIE Senior World Championships
- Bigger Than Brick. Big Improvements in Game Day Experience
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Recycling Benches
- W. Soccer. Jacobs to Compete with U-23 Women's National Team in Seattle
- Bigger Than Brick. `Going Green' at Notre Dame Stadium
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Comparisons
- Track & Field. Murray Speaks to Write on Sports Campers
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick | Looking Around
- M. Ice Hockey. Notre Dame Sends Contingent to NHL Development Camps