Aug 6, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
After two days in shorts, practice jerseys and helmets, the Irish moved one step closer to a full contact workout, adding shoulder pads to the mix this morning. If yesterday’s weather was great, today’s was perfect.
From a spectator’s view, these early August practices might seem a bit repetitive (though that will change when the team switches to full pads on Wednesday).
Instead of a traditional practice update, today’s feature from Fighting Irish Digital Media (@NDfidm) focuses on graduate student defensive end Kapron Lewis-Moore.
After missing the final six games of the 2011 campaign with a knee injury, KLM returns in 2012, poised to be one of Coach Kelly’s veteran leaders.
From the looks of today’s practice, that knee is back at full strength, and Lewis-Moore will be a key part of what should be a strong defensive front for the Irish.
It’s probably safe to say few people have more fun on the football field than the 6-foot-4, 306 lb. Texas native, who recently dubbed his fellow defensive linemen “Team No Abs” (More on that in the video).
If you attended any hockey, basketball or lacrosse games earlier this year, you probably saw KLM and some of his upperclassmen teammates enthusiastically cheering in the student section. Just check out the “Our Team, Our Story” video from a men’s basketball game in February.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- Notre Dame has been named the FWAA National Team of the Week for its 49-14 win over rival USC. #GoIrish ☘ https://t.co/MzgtWuw5mP 4 hours ago
- RT @dallascowboys: Jaylon!!! #DALvsSF https://t.co/fzAhaP2pFt 7 hours ago
- It's GAMEWEEK! The Irish and the Wolfpack go head-to-head this Saturday at Notre Dame Stadium. #GoIrish ☘… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 8 hours ago
- Eight weeks into season and this is still accurate. #GoIrish ☘ #MondayMotivation twitter.com/NDFootball/sta… 11 hours ago
- RT @SInow: Welcome to the Heisman race, Josh Adams on.si.com/2hW97kq https://t.co/nEDIrHK7UG 12 hours ago
- W. Basketball. Kayla McBride - Next Inductee into Ring of Honor
- Football. Notre Dame-USC: What the Irish Learned
- W. Rowing. Championship Eight, Four Compete At Head Of The Charles
- W. Volleyball. Irish Stun Miami In Incredible 3-2 Comeback Victory
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Falls In ITA Midwest Regional Quarterfinal
- Football. Replay: Trojans No Match for Physical Irish
- M. Golf. Irish to Compete in Final Fall Tournament
- W. Soccer. Irish Complete Sweep Through Florida With 2-1 Win Over Miami
- Football. Irish Bring Home Shillelagh in Emphatic 49-14 Win
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Advances At ITA Midwest Regional Championships