Aug 12, 2012, 5:51 PM EST
Coach Kelly met with the media in the Isban Auditorium following Saturday’s practice. The big news of the day? Tight end Alex Welch is out for the season with a torn ACL, an injury he suffered in Wednesday’s practice.
Kelly also gave an update on Danny Spond, explaining that the linebacker is out indefinitely with concussion-like symptoms.
Afterwards, quarterback Tommy Rees and linebacker Carlo Calabrese were among the Irish players who spoke to the media. On July 31, Rees and Calabrese were suspended for the season opener, and spoke about how they are handling the situation.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Football. McGlinchey, Nelson Named First-Team FWAA All-Americans
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Up To #3 In Both Polls
- W. Tennis. Robinson Snares First Career Professional Crown
- Cross Country. Irish Signee Dylan Jacobs Wins Foot Locker National Championship
- Track & Field. Irish Signee Dylan Jacobs Wins Foot Locker National Championship
- Football. McGlinchey, Nelson Named First-Team AP All-Americans
- M. Golf. Alum Mark Baldwin Excels at Web.com Tour Qualifying
- M. Basketball. Replay: No Ho-Hum Homecoming for Brey
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Remain Perfect In B1G Play With 6-2 Win Over #12 Wisconsin
- M. Basketball. Offensive Onslaught Propels Irish To 92-68 Win At Delaware