Aug 12, 2012, 5:51 PM EDT
Coach Kelly met with the media in the Isban Auditorium following Saturday’s practice. The big news of the day? Tight end Alex Welch is out for the season with a torn ACL, an injury he suffered in Wednesday’s practice.
Kelly also gave an update on Danny Spond, explaining that the linebacker is out indefinitely with concussion-like symptoms.
Afterwards, quarterback Tommy Rees and linebacker Carlo Calabrese were among the Irish players who spoke to the media. On July 31, Rees and Calabrese were suspended for the season opener, and spoke about how they are handling the situation.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- M. Ice Hockey. Pivonka And Stastney Selected In The 2018 NHL Draft
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish In The NHL Draft
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Volleyball Unveils 2018 Schedule
- M. Golf. Two Irish Golfers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
- Track & Field. Harris Named First Team Academic All-American
- Football. WATCH: Freshmen Move In
- W. Golf. Irish Trio Earn 2018 All-ACC Academic Team Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Brauer Signs With South Carolina Stingrays
- W. Soccer. Challenging 2018 Schedule Announced For Women's Soccer
- W. Basketball. Women's Basketball Nominated for Three ESPYS