Aug 23, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
As you probably know by now, 2012 marks the 125th year of Notre Dame Football. Throughout the season, 125.nd.edu will be the digital home for the university’s celebration of this historic milestone. Beginning on Monday, Aug. 27, the website will feature writing, content from Notre Dame’s University Archives, images and video commemorating the history of the Fighting Irish.
A tease of the website was launched in April and includes three features, each from a different era in Notre Dame’s football history. The stories are inspired by the words “strong and true” from the Alma Mater, and will document strong feats of athletic achievement to true accomplishments of the head and the heart.
If you’ve seen any of Fighting Irish Digital Media’s videos over the last year, you might remember the familiar opening, featuring the Notre Dame drumline and “Go Irish Go!” chant.
In preparation for the exciting and exclusive content FIDM has planned for the 2012 season, the opening graphic has gotten a new look.
While many probably recognize these spectacular radio calls, taken out of context, it might be tough to remember the specific moment they are from.
“Notre Dame is number one!” – Tony Roberts, Florida St ’93: The famous Irish play-by-play man celebrates following Shawn Wooden’s batted pass, helping the second-ranked Irish seal a victory over the #1 Seminoles in the “Game of the Century.”
“Notre Dame with a miracle win as the clock runs out!” – Al Wester, Michigan ’80: Wester, the color commentator alongside Roberts in the booth, describes the improbable win after a 51-yard field goal from Harry Oliver gave Notre Dame a 29-27 win over the rival Wolverines.
“He’s going in! Notre Dame has scored!” – Don Criqui, UCLA ’06: One of the most memorable calls in recent memory, Criqui’s voice tells you everything you need to know about the pandemonium in Notre Dame Stadium as Brady Quinn hit Jeff Samardzija for a go-ahead touchdown with less than a minute to play.
There will be much more coming throughout the year in celebration of 125 Years of Notre Dame Football, so be sure to bookmark the website (125.nd.edu), and for those on Twitter, follow the Irish at @125NDFB.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Football. McGlinchey, Nelson Named First-Team FWAA All-Americans
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Up To #3 In Both Polls
- W. Tennis. Robinson Snares First Career Professional Crown
- Cross Country. Irish Signee Dylan Jacobs Wins Foot Locker National Championship
- Track & Field. Irish Signee Dylan Jacobs Wins Foot Locker National Championship
- Football. McGlinchey, Nelson Named First-Team AP All-Americans
- M. Golf. Alum Mark Baldwin Excels at Web.com Tour Qualifying
- M. Basketball. Replay: No Ho-Hum Homecoming for Brey
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Remain Perfect In B1G Play With 6-2 Win Over #12 Wisconsin
- M. Basketball. Offensive Onslaught Propels Irish To 92-68 Win At Delaware