Aug 29, 2012, 6:05 PM EDT
This evening, South Bend Regional becomes South Bend International.
After a team meal, the Notre Dame football squad and travel party boarded five buses and departed from the Guglielmino Athletics Complex headed for South Bend Airport.
The wheels go up around 6:30 pm ET. It’s about a seven-hour flight to Dublin and a five-hour time adjustment, so that should put the Irish on the Emerald Isle at approximately 6:30 am. After clearing customs, the team will check in at the hotel, before heading off to practice.
The game against Navy begins at 9 am ET on Saturday and will be broadcast live on CBS. Remember to stay tuned to UND.com, Facebook and Twitter over the next few days, as the Fighting Irish Digital Media crew plans to bring you all the updates from this unique opening to the 125th year of Notre Dame Football.
In the meantime, revisit the UND.com Primer, just in case you aren’t already amped enough about Saturday.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- M. Ice Hockey. Pivonka And Stastney Selected In The 2018 NHL Draft
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish In The NHL Draft
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Volleyball Unveils 2018 Schedule
- M. Golf. Two Irish Golfers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
- Track & Field. Harris Named First Team Academic All-American
- Football. WATCH: Freshmen Move In
- W. Golf. Irish Trio Earn 2018 All-ACC Academic Team Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Brauer Signs With South Carolina Stingrays
- W. Soccer. Challenging 2018 Schedule Announced For Women's Soccer
- W. Basketball. Women's Basketball Nominated for Three ESPYS