Aug 29, 2012, 6:05 PM EST
This evening, South Bend Regional becomes South Bend International.
After a team meal, the Notre Dame football squad and travel party boarded five buses and departed from the Guglielmino Athletics Complex headed for South Bend Airport.
The wheels go up around 6:30 pm ET. It’s about a seven-hour flight to Dublin and a five-hour time adjustment, so that should put the Irish on the Emerald Isle at approximately 6:30 am. After clearing customs, the team will check in at the hotel, before heading off to practice.
The game against Navy begins at 9 am ET on Saturday and will be broadcast live on CBS. Remember to stay tuned to UND.com, Facebook and Twitter over the next few days, as the Fighting Irish Digital Media crew plans to bring you all the updates from this unique opening to the 125th year of Notre Dame Football.
In the meantime, revisit the UND.com Primer, just in case you aren’t already amped enough about Saturday.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Football. McGlinchey, Nelson Named First-Team FWAA All-Americans
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Up To #3 In Both Polls
- W. Tennis. Robinson Snares First Career Professional Crown
- Cross Country. Irish Signee Dylan Jacobs Wins Foot Locker National Championship
- Track & Field. Irish Signee Dylan Jacobs Wins Foot Locker National Championship
- Football. McGlinchey, Nelson Named First-Team AP All-Americans
- M. Golf. Alum Mark Baldwin Excels at Web.com Tour Qualifying
- M. Basketball. Replay: No Ho-Hum Homecoming for Brey
- M. Ice Hockey. #4 Irish Remain Perfect In B1G Play With 6-2 Win Over #12 Wisconsin
- M. Basketball. Offensive Onslaught Propels Irish To 92-68 Win At Delaware