Sep 1, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Senior Associate A.D./Media & Broadcast Relations director John Heisler returns to the blog with more news and notes from the Emerald Isle.
- The Notre Dame football team headed back to Aviva Stadium Friday for a midday walk-thru in shorts. An off-and-on drizzle and cloudy skies kept the Irish off the Aviva pitch and sent them to the practice, artificial turf pitch just outside.
- Following the workout, the players jumped in three double-decker buses (with open-air tops) for a tour of the Dublin city centre and other spots in the downtown area—ending at Dublin Castle (near Temple Bar) where the squad held its team Mass.
- The Irish Times Friday included a four-page tabloid-style section on the Notre Dame-Navy event, and then Saturday ran a feature on the long relationship between the two programs.
- The 90-minute Friday evening event at the O2 proved a resounding success as a packed house of partisan and receptive Notre Dame fans watched and listened to interviews with Notre Dame president Rev. John Jenkins, C.S.C., and vice president and athletics director Jack Swarbrick, performances by the Band of the Fighting Irish, plus a variety of solid Irish musical stars.
- The Naval Academy opted to print a smaller, European-style match programme that sells for 10 Euros. The popular European-style soccer scarves with Notre Dame and Navy logos are being hawked on the corners down Lansdowne Road.
- Among the staff imported by CBS for its telecast are a handful of Dutch photographers who have worked NFL Europe games and the NFL events at Wembley Stadium in London. About 35 production staffers came from the United States to assist in putting on the game.
- Gameday weather appears to be just about perfect, with the Aviva Stadium stands bathed in sunshine.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- RT @CoachBrianKelly: Fr. Hesburgh defined inspiration. Honored he blessed this cross, which watches over us everyday #ThankYouFrTed http://… 1 day ago
- "Notre Dame lost a bit of it's heart last night" - Fr. John Jenkins #ThankYouFrTed - ntrda.me/Hesburgh http://t.co/34RjKohePU 1 day ago
- RT @NotreDame: With heavy hearts, we announce the passing of Fr. Theodore M. Hesburgh, C.S.C. ntrda.me/Hesburgh http://t.co/yRKpzTPgdW 2 days ago
- Ready to get back at it bright and early tomorrow morning. #HereComeTheIrish vine.co/v/O2AIZrt6TAz 3 days ago
- Each of our offseason workouts ends with “Tire Wars.” @WatchND got some tremendous slo-mo video of it today. watchnd.tv/#!/videos/B1MG… 4 days ago
- M. Ice Hockey. Petersen's 55 Saves Helps Irish Beat No. 9 BC, 3-1
- M. Swimming. Irish Finish ACC Championships in Fifth Place
- M. Tennis. No. 14 Irish Fall to No. 3 Illinois, 4-3
- Track. Irish Women Snare 3rd At ACCs, Seidel Named MVP
- Baseball. Baseball Sweeps Saturday In Thrilling Fashion To Claim Mercer Baseball Classic
- Softball. Rain Washes Out Second Day Of Diamond 9 Citrus Classic
- M. Lacrosse. #2 Notre Dame Downs Dartmouth, 20-5
- Baseball. Beyond The Books: History More Than A Major Choice For McCarty
- W. Basketball. #4 Irish Close Out Regular Season Sunday At N.C. State
- M. Ice Hockey. Notre Dame to Host Hockey East Playoffs, March 6-8