Sep 1, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Senior Associate A.D./Media & Broadcast Relations director John Heisler returns to the blog with more news and notes from the Emerald Isle.
- The Notre Dame football team headed back to Aviva Stadium Friday for a midday walk-thru in shorts. An off-and-on drizzle and cloudy skies kept the Irish off the Aviva pitch and sent them to the practice, artificial turf pitch just outside.
- Following the workout, the players jumped in three double-decker buses (with open-air tops) for a tour of the Dublin city centre and other spots in the downtown area—ending at Dublin Castle (near Temple Bar) where the squad held its team Mass.
- The Irish Times Friday included a four-page tabloid-style section on the Notre Dame-Navy event, and then Saturday ran a feature on the long relationship between the two programs.
- The 90-minute Friday evening event at the O2 proved a resounding success as a packed house of partisan and receptive Notre Dame fans watched and listened to interviews with Notre Dame president Rev. John Jenkins, C.S.C., and vice president and athletics director Jack Swarbrick, performances by the Band of the Fighting Irish, plus a variety of solid Irish musical stars.
- The Naval Academy opted to print a smaller, European-style match programme that sells for 10 Euros. The popular European-style soccer scarves with Notre Dame and Navy logos are being hawked on the corners down Lansdowne Road.
- Among the staff imported by CBS for its telecast are a handful of Dutch photographers who have worked NFL Europe games and the NFL events at Wembley Stadium in London. About 35 production staffers came from the United States to assist in putting on the game.
- Gameday weather appears to be just about perfect, with the Aviva Stadium stands bathed in sunshine.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- COMMUNITY ✅ #PillarsOfNotreDame READ: und.com/sports/m-footb… https://t.co/o0L8xlCSxz 52 minutes ago
- RT @FightingIrish: ☘ HEADS UP! 100 Days until kickoff in Notre Dame Stadium. 📆 September 2nd 🏈 @NDFootball vs. Temple https://t.co/5I5jQo… 4 hours ago
- RT @NDFootball: WR Corey Robinson & S Drew Recker get ready for Sunday's Notre Dame Commencement ceremony in front of scenic "Touchdown Jes… 1 day ago
- Nothin' to see here - just our squad traveling the globe... Some of the guys are seeing Greece, Brazil, Japan & So… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- From 🇧🇷BRAZIL to 🇬🇷GREECE to 🇿🇦SOUTH AFRICA to 🇯🇵JAPAN! Our guys have the chance to see 🌏WORLD through our Irish A… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- Football. Football & The Force Charity Softball Game
- M. Tennis. Hagar Falls In NCAA Championship Second Round
- Track & Field. Harris Receives Academic All-District Honors
- W. Rowing. Rowing Ready For NCAA Championship
- Baseball. ACC Championship Marathon Goes To FSU
- M. Tennis. Hagar Weathers First-Round Challenge To Advance At NCAA Singles Championship
- M. Lacrosse. Epple, Perkovic and Sexton Headline Irish USILA All-America Selections
- Baseball. WEATHER UPDATE: ND-FSU At 2 p.m.
- Track & Field. Keys To The Meet: NCAA East Regionals
- W. Tennis. Robinson Named Program's First National Arthur Ashe Award Winner