Sep 15, 2012, 10:07 PM EDT
Senior Associate A.D./Media & Broadcast Relations director John Heisler shares some news and notes from halftime at Spartan Stadium.
- Notre Dame outgained Michigan State 189-121 in first half despite the fact Spartans won time of possession battle by 17:52 to 12:08. Michigan State had only 47 rushing yards and 15 came on meaningless final play of the half.
- Notre Dame OLB Prince Shembo had eight tackles in first half vs. Michigan State–he had six combined in Notre Dame’s first two games (eight is his career high)
- Attendance at Spartan Stadium tonight is 79,219 for Notre Dame-Michigan State football.
- Michigan State’s 50-yard field goal marked the first Notre Dame opponent FG of 50 or more since BYU kicked a 53-yarderagainst Irish in 2004.
- Michigan State did not allow a sack in either of its first two games but Notre Dame already has three tonight.
- Notre Dame’s first-period TD (Everett Golson to John Goodman pass) marked first offensive TD allowed by Michigan State this year in three games combined.
- Notre Dame played 55 different players in the first period.
- Second career TD reception for Notre Dame’s John Goodman — other was against Washington State in 2009 in game played in San Antonio.
- 66 degrees at kickoff at Spartan Stadium for Notre Dame-Michigan State football.
- Former star Notre Dame running back and 1956 captain Jim Morse is sitting in Irish AD Jack Swarbrick’s box tonight at Spartan Stadium.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- W. Basketball. Kayla McBride - Next Inductee into Ring of Honor
- Football. Notre Dame-USC: What the Irish Learned
- W. Rowing. Championship Eight, Four Compete At Head Of The Charles
- W. Volleyball. Irish Stun Miami In Incredible 3-2 Comeback Victory
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Falls In ITA Midwest Regional Quarterfinal
- Football. Replay: Trojans No Match for Physical Irish
- M. Golf. Irish to Compete in Final Fall Tournament
- W. Soccer. Irish Complete Sweep Through Florida With 2-1 Win Over Miami
- Football. Irish Bring Home Shillelagh in Emphatic 49-14 Win
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Advances At ITA Midwest Regional Championships