Sep 23, 2012, 12:57 AM EDT
On the first night of autumn, The Four Seasons said it best. Oh, what a night in South Bend.
Notre Dame defeated Michigan for the first time since 2008, and perhaps even better, the Irish finished September with a perfect 4-0 record.
It was not always pretty – after all, the teams combined for eight turnovers – but the blue & gold prevailed, 13-6, in a hard fought battle at Notre Dame Stadium.
The 2012 Notre Dame defense continues to make its case as one of the best in the country. After Denard Robinson burned them for nearly 1,000 yards over the past two seasons, the Irish sacked the Wolverines quarterback three times and held Michigan to just 299 yards of total offense.
The stout defense forced six turnovers – including an unbelievable stretch in which it picked off five consecutive Michigan passes.
Following up on his unforgettable performance at Michigan State, Manti Te’o picked up where he left off, finishing with eight tackles and two interceptions.
After the game, it was a heck of a scene on the field, as the students and players celebrated like I’ve never seen before. Many fans stuck around for nearly a half hour, and the fun culminated when the stadium speakers started blaring Frankie Valli’s signature hit.
Soak it in, students. Dance all the way to Finny’s and The Backer. Enjoy this victory because it’s a night you should never forget.
We’ll have more coming later, but for now, enjoy a special game night edition of Irish Connection, as well as a post-game on-field interview with cornerback Bennett Jackson.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- M. Golf. Irish Within Striking Distance Heading into Final Round at Quail Valley
- M. Soccer. #12 Irish Wrap Nonconference Play At #9 MSU
- W. Volleyball. Yeadon Named ACC Co-Player Of The Week
- W. Basketball. Kayla McBride - Next Inductee into Ring of Honor
- Football. Notre Dame-USC: What the Irish Learned
- W. Rowing. Championship Eight, Four Compete At Head Of The Charles
- W. Volleyball. Irish Stun Miami In Incredible 3-2 Comeback Victory
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Falls In ITA Midwest Regional Quarterfinal
- Football. Replay: Trojans No Match for Physical Irish
- M. Golf. Irish to Compete in Final Fall Tournament