Oct 4, 2012, 11:17 AM EST
Notre Dame had a bye last week, and those of us who participate in the Irish Blogger Gathering had a break of our own. The IBG returns today in preparation for Saturday’s Shamrock Series game against Miami (7:30 pm ET on NBC).
This week, I sent my three questions to Subway Domer, who had a little fun with his answer to the last one.
Without further ado, here are Subway Domer’s thoughts on Notre Dame football this week.
Going into the season, it seemed like a lot of people were discounting the Hurricanes. You can’t overlook any team in college football, but the general consensus I’ve heard from fans, is that few fear the 2012 Miami team. Do you agree? What do you think of the Hurricanes so far?
Suspect. Basically, I’m not sure about this Miami team. I don’t think they are some completely underrated team that will suddenly show up against a dominate defense. They beat three middle of the road ACC teams by an average of around seven points, blew out POWERFUL Bethune-Cookman, and got BLOWN OUT by Kansas State 52-13.
Oh wait, I am sure…this is a pretty soft Miami team and they know it. Their fans, media, and former players know it too.
Repeat after me: “It’s October and Notre Dame football is undefeated.” A sentence that hasn’t been said in a decade. Feels good, doesn’t it? What do the Irish have to do to keep up the winning ways? What are your two or three keys to beating Miami?
It does feel good – but makes me even more of a nervous Nancy each Saturday. For the Irish to beat Miami and the rest of their schedule, they just need to do what they have been doing on defense. Getting pressure on the quarterback from their base defensive front without the need of a blitzorama has been crucial for this defense with its young secondary. If they can continue to do that, and improve their offensive efficiency, even if only slightly, then Notre Dame will be one of the toughest teams in the country to beat.
Put yourself in Jack Swarbrick’s shoes. Three future Shamrock Series cities/locations and their respective opponents. Ready…set…go.
Love how the parameters are pretty loose here…
- Notre Dame vs. Tennessee @ Bristol Speedway: Apparently this has been discussed before, and the thought of partying with 200,000 people at a tailgate just has oodles of potential.
- Notre Dame vs Ohio State @ Lucas Oil Field: Just do it – AND WEAR SOME BLUE, GOLD, AND GREEN CAMO!
- Notre Dame vs. Alabama ON THE MOON: The Moon is the only possible option for these two humble fanbases.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- We hear our @CollegeGameDay friends visited our brothers at @NDmbb this morning. Can't wait for tonight vs #2 UNC. https://t.co/Vscc7pPzQt 6 hours ago
- Plans tonight? Better reschedule! Don't miss Will Fuller in the All-Star Football Challenge. 📅TONIGHT ⏰7 ET 📺ESPN2 https://t.co/wmGBjGpgpY 1 day ago
- RT @AllStarFBall: Hey @NDFootball fans, remember to watch @Will_Fuller7 rep the #FightingIrish tonight at 7 ET on ESPN2. 🍀 https://t.co/STM… 1 day ago
- A whirlwind week is coming to an end. But, it's just the beginning. On to the next class. #IRISHEL17E https://t.co/udnbWyDkd1 1 day ago
- Did you miss any of our Signing Day 2016 coverage? Don't worry. You can find it all here: und.com/signingday/201… https://t.co/dPVNbAnYbJ 2 days ago
- Fencing. No. 2 Irish Men Post 4-1 Mark On First Day of Duke Duals
- W. Basketball. #3 Irish On Road At #13 Louisville Sunday
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Wrap Up Preseason with Scrimmage Sunday
- W. Lacrosse. Attacking Fusion Sign of Bright Future
- Track. Notre Dame Opens Competition at Meyo Invitational
- M. Tennis. No. 36 Irish Fall To No. 12 Illini 5-2
- M. Ice Hockey. DiPauli and Fogarty Lead No. 10 Irish Past Vermont 2-1
- M. Golf. Men's Golf Kicks Off Spring Season At Earl Yestingsmeier Match Play Event
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame Poised to Battle No. 2/1 North Carolina
- Fencing. Keys to the Meet: Duke Duals