Oct 17, 2012, 4:28 PM EDT
As he has for the past several weeks, the senior co-captain met with the media at the Isban Auditorium in the Gug.
After the press conference, Manti went into “the Jungle” with Jim Rome. You can listen to that interview below, or download it, courtesy of Premiere Radio Networks, on the FIDM podcasts page.
Later, the linebacker spoke with Scott Van Pelt on ESPN Radio.
I am speechless after that conversation with Manti Te’o. One of the most astonishing, inspiring conversations I’ve ever had with an athlete.
— Jim Rome (@jimrome) October 17, 2012
Rome has a tendency to speak in hyperboles. He even admits that after the 15-minute interview. But listen to his conversation with Manti for yourself, and you’ll see that there’s nothing exaggeratory about his statement. It’s truly an outstanding interview, and a reminder of how special a student-athlete Manti Te’o is.
I encourage everyone to listen to it, and when you’re done, don’t be surprised if you sit there for a couple minutes – just like I did – speechless.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- W. Basketball. Kayla McBride - Next Inductee into Ring of Honor
- Football. Notre Dame-USC: What the Irish Learned
- W. Rowing. Championship Eight, Four Compete At Head Of The Charles
- W. Volleyball. Irish Stun Miami In Incredible 3-2 Comeback Victory
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Falls In ITA Midwest Regional Quarterfinal
- Football. Replay: Trojans No Match for Physical Irish
- M. Golf. Irish to Compete in Final Fall Tournament
- W. Soccer. Irish Complete Sweep Through Florida With 2-1 Win Over Miami
- Football. Irish Bring Home Shillelagh in Emphatic 49-14 Win
- M. Tennis. Lebedev Advances At ITA Midwest Regional Championships