Nov 5, 2012, 7:58 PM EDT
If you saw the College GameDay segment, you might recall Kapron Lewis-Moore and Mike Golic Jr. talking about the “zero hour” – that time when the prospect of actually making a shot without missing dinner seems slim.
Twice during the 2011 season, TSM shifted to the lounge, and on each of those occasions, it took some late-game heroics – first by Matthias Farley and later by Matt Mulvey – to prevent the crew from going hungry.
In fact, during BC week, the video didn’t get posted until Tuesday (Read more about that in a post from the blog archives).
So needless to say, everyone was a little hesitant this evening when last week’s winner, John Goodman, decided not only to bring back the players’ lounge, but also to throw in a curveball – no headers allowed.
As of late, the header had become a go-to shot. I think it was getting to the point that Bobby Clark was trying to recruit some of the guys for his team.
Despite today’s added challenges, Cierre Wood came through with undoubtedly the quickest Trick Shot Monday win on record*.
* For some perspective, a couple of last year’s Trick Shot Mondays took 30 minutes or more before a shot was made. Today’s took less than three. Seasoned vets.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- M. Soccer. Keys To The Game: Michigan
- W. Tennis. Gleason Falls In ITA All-Americans Qualifying
- M. Ice Hockey. Hockey Media Day: News, Notes and Quotes
- W. Golf. Thirty Deeds: Irish Win By 30 Shots At Nebraska
- W. Rowing. Irish Rowing Releases 2015-16 Schedule
- Football. Irish Aim to Get Back on Winning Track vs. Navy
- Football. Notre Dame Football Media Conference
- W. Golf. Records Fall as Irish Soar Into Lead at Nebraska Tourney
- W. Rowing. #ILookLikeAnEngineer Twitter Initiative Rings True For @NDRowing
- Football. The Irish & Navy Show Mutual Respect On Field & On NBCSN