Nov 5, 2012, 7:58 PM EDT
If you saw the College GameDay segment, you might recall Kapron Lewis-Moore and Mike Golic Jr. talking about the “zero hour” – that time when the prospect of actually making a shot without missing dinner seems slim.
Twice during the 2011 season, TSM shifted to the lounge, and on each of those occasions, it took some late-game heroics – first by Matthias Farley and later by Matt Mulvey – to prevent the crew from going hungry.
In fact, during BC week, the video didn’t get posted until Tuesday (Read more about that in a post from the blog archives).
So needless to say, everyone was a little hesitant this evening when last week’s winner, John Goodman, decided not only to bring back the players’ lounge, but also to throw in a curveball – no headers allowed.
As of late, the header had become a go-to shot. I think it was getting to the point that Bobby Clark was trying to recruit some of the guys for his team.
Despite today’s added challenges, Cierre Wood came through with undoubtedly the quickest Trick Shot Monday win on record*.
* For some perspective, a couple of last year’s Trick Shot Mondays took 30 minutes or more before a shot was made. Today’s took less than three. Seasoned vets.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- "Anyway I can lead my team to victory, that's what I'm all about. I'll play any position" http://t.co/creTDpjvLN 54 minutes ago
- "It's a guaranteed first down and a TD 50% of the time" - @ronnie_stanley on his screen pass being added to playbook http://t.co/Bfb8NzzxeZ 57 minutes ago
- "Knowing the offense is definitely an advantage, I love to run the ball & come out of the backfield to catch passes" http://t.co/hsfXYdDAkE 1 hour ago
- "We're an older team now, lot of veterans and I really like what we got going here"-Martin on momentum going into '15 http://t.co/2puRlpAGRZ 1 hour ago
- The unmistakable hair of @maxired10 http://t.co/4xO4qoLe07 1 hour ago
- W. Lacrosse. IRISH EXTRA: Irish Show Their Grit Despite Loss Versus Northwestern
- Softball. Oh, What A Night!
- Track. Irish Turn In Day One At Georgia Tech, Virginia
- W. Golf. Irish In Sixth Place Midway Through ACC Women's Golf Championship
- Baseball. No. 25 Notre Dame Baseball Shuts Out NC State, 2-0, Friday Night
- W. Tennis. No. 33 Irish Fall To No. 21 Clemson, 5-0
- W. Swimming. Mike Litzinger Named Irish Women's Swimming and Diving Coach
- M. Tennis. No. 37 Irish Fall To No. 12 Wake Forest, 4-3
- Softball. #25 Irish Take On Syracuse In Fifth Annual Strikeout Cancer Series
- W. Basketball. Madison Cable Approved for Final Season of Eligibility with Notre Dame Women's Basketball Team in 2015-16