Nov 14, 2012, 8:34 AM EDT
As much as Notre Dame fans love watching games and talking football, collecting Fighting Irish memorabilia might be a close third for many Domers.
And as we mentioned last week, artist Tim Cortes recently completed two pieces that some may want to add to their collection.
In celebration of 125 years of Notre Dame football, Cortes’s “Honor and Tradition” panoramic includes famous faces, campus landmarks and images from throughout the Fighting Irish’s storied past. You may recognize it, if you’ve purchased any of this season’s game day programs.
The “Strong and True” artwork features the iconic gold helmet being raised in celebration.
Cortes will be on campus this weekend. Stop by the Joyce Center Fieldhouse on Friday during the Kickoff Luncheon or Saturday at the Notre Dame Experience for a chance to meet the man behind this great work, or purchase a print for your ND collection.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- RT @NFLFilms: One of the greatest to ever suit up in silver & black. Happy birthday to @ProFootballHOF receiver @81TimBrown! #TDTimmy @RAID… 17 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: 🏈 We've revamped the concession stands at Notre Dame Stadium. 🔹 New Look 🔹 New Food 🔹 New TV Monitors Here's a sneak p… 18 hours ago
- RT @CoachMikeElston: Defensive Line Pool Party and BBQ!! Unwinding after an intense summer and getting ready for push this fall! GO IRISH… 1 day ago
- RT @FightingIrish: The new facility at ND Stadium has 1,650,000 bricks. Laid end-to-end they stretch 200 miles. Long enough to go from ND… 1 day ago
- RT @ChaseClaypool: Jet skiing.. Boating .. Tubing and a feast !! @CoachBrianKelly does it right !! #Team1 ☘️ https://t.co/5NSRDHXUaC 2 days ago
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Fan Experience
- M. Basketball. Men’s Basketball - Summer Headlines
- Swimming & Diving. World Championships Underway For Plaschka
- Fencing. Nelip Snares Silver At FIE Senior World Championships
- Bigger Than Brick. Big Improvements in Game Day Experience
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Recycling Benches
- W. Soccer. Jacobs to Compete with U-23 Women's National Team in Seattle
- Bigger Than Brick. `Going Green' at Notre Dame Stadium
- Bigger Than Brick. #NDBiggerThanBrick - Comparisons
- Track & Field. Murray Speaks to Write on Sports Campers