Nov 24, 2012, 11:45 AM EDT
We’re exactly a month away from Christmas Eve, but today might as well be Christmas morning.
For many Irish fans, this is a day they have been waiting for since the heartbreak of Nov. 20, 1993. For others, it’s a moment we’ve only heard about – dreamed about – but never had the opportunity to experience.
“Notre Dame is playing for a berth in the BCS national championship.”
I think few of us expected to be watching an undefeated Irish team on Thanksgiving weekend. It’s incredibly nerve-wracking. It’s incredibly exciting. We wouldn’t want it any other way.
If you’re a Notre Dame fan, tonight will either be the best or worst day of the season. But no matter what happens at the LA Coliseum, 2012 has been a magical year.
Kicking off in Dublin.
A last second field goal against Purdue.
Beating Michigan State on the road.
The leis for Manti and the emotional night game victory over Michigan.
Dominating Miami in Chicago.
The goal line stand.
Shocking the college football world in Norman.
The triple overtime heart-stopper.
The Senior Day shutout, before watching #1 and #2 fall in Waco and Eugene.
Tonight (8:00 pm ET on ABC), #1 – yes, #1 Notre Dame looks to complete a perfect regular season. It has been a disappointing season for USC, who began the year in the Fighting Irish’s position – ranked first.
The 7-4 Trojans would love nothing more than to spoil the season of their longtime rival.
And with the nation watching, the 11-0 Fighting Irish will look to silence the doubters, exorcise the heartbreaks, and start a new chapter in the 125-year history of Notre Dame football.
Eight hours until kickoff.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- W. Basketball. Allen Named to Nancy Lieberman Award Watch List
- W. Tennis. Robinson, Broda Advance To Doubles Final At ITA Regional
- M. Tennis. Irish Doubles Pairs Fall In ITA Midwest Regional Championship Semifinals
- W. Volleyball. Irish Push Win Streak to Three With Sweep of Hokies
- W. Rowing. Rowing Wraps Up Head of the Charles
- W. Soccer. Late Goal Lifts #14 Irish To 1-0 Victory Over Wake Forest
- W. Tennis. Irish Keep Rolling At ITA, IU Regionals
- W. Soccer. What To Watch For: Wake Forest
- M. Ice Hockey. #3/4 Irish Fall in Overtime to Penn State
- M. Tennis. Irish Play Into Quarterfinal Rounds At ITA Regional