Dec 4, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
Though it came as a surprise to no one, Manti Te’o was officially announced as a Heisman Trophy finalist last night during Sportscenter. The Irish senior linebacker will join quarterbacks Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M) and Collin Klein (Kansas State) at the trophy presentation on Saturday night.
But by far, the most popular of these is the Manti Te’o Music Video, which as of Tuesday morning, had more than 89,000 views and is continuing to sweep the Notre Dame community via Twitter and Facebook. “Te’O,” a remake of “Day-O,” was recorded by Pat McKillen, a 2010 ND graduate and Barrington, Ill. native. (Download a free mp3 here.)
Some Notre Dame alums might recognize him from the Spirit of Notre Dame CD, a compilation which featured his song “Loyal Sons,” inspired by the Notre Dame Victory March.
But McKillen is about much more than remakes and cover songs. He released his debut album Stagefright in May 2011, and a follow-up, The Red Headed Enemy is planned for early 2013.
McKillen has performed at several campus events and venues, both as a student and young alum, including the B1 Block Party, Legends and Relay for Life. The Observer published a nice feature on his musical aspirations in Feb. 2010.
Stagefright is available on iTunes and Spotify, and you can check out more of his original work at patmckillen.com. I’d highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys acoustic folk/rock music, or any Domer, for that matter.
For more on how the “Te’O” song came about, make sure to check out yesterday’s feature from NBCChicago.com.
“First down. Second down. Third down. Punt!”
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- W. Basketball. Rivalry Renewal in Big Ten/ACC Challenge
- Track & Field. Track & Field Lands Seven on All-ACC Academic Team
- Fencing. Kiefer Named Nominee For NCAA Woman of the Year
- M. Lacrosse. Perkovic Named The ACC Men's Lacrosse Scholar Athlete Of The Year
- General News. Join The Notre Dame Fan Council
- W. Lacrosse. Five Named to All-ACC Academic Team
- Softball. Koerner ('15) Turns Page On Legendary Career
- Swimming & Diving. Nineteen Swimmers Head to Nationals
- W. Golf. Albrecht Selected To All-ACC Academic Women's Golf Team
- M. Soccer. Besler, Morrow Named To U.S. Gold Cup Roster