Dec 4, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
Though it came as a surprise to no one, Manti Te’o was officially announced as a Heisman Trophy finalist last night during Sportscenter. The Irish senior linebacker will join quarterbacks Johnny Manziel (Texas A&M) and Collin Klein (Kansas State) at the trophy presentation on Saturday night.
But by far, the most popular of these is the Manti Te’o Music Video, which as of Tuesday morning, had more than 89,000 views and is continuing to sweep the Notre Dame community via Twitter and Facebook. “Te’O,” a remake of “Day-O,” was recorded by Pat McKillen, a 2010 ND graduate and Barrington, Ill. native. (Download a free mp3 here.)
Some Notre Dame alums might recognize him from the Spirit of Notre Dame CD, a compilation which featured his song “Loyal Sons,” inspired by the Notre Dame Victory March.
But McKillen is about much more than remakes and cover songs. He released his debut album Stagefright in May 2011, and a follow-up, The Red Headed Enemy is planned for early 2013.
McKillen has performed at several campus events and venues, both as a student and young alum, including the B1 Block Party, Legends and Relay for Life. The Observer published a nice feature on his musical aspirations in Feb. 2010.
Stagefright is available on iTunes and Spotify, and you can check out more of his original work at patmckillen.com. I’d highly recommend it for anyone who enjoys acoustic folk/rock music, or any Domer, for that matter.
For more on how the “Te’O” song came about, make sure to check out yesterday’s feature from NBCChicago.com.
“First down. Second down. Third down. Punt!”
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- M. Soccer. Keys To The Game: Duke
- M. Ice Hockey. Hockey Opens Season With 7-5 Exhibition Win Over Guelph
- W. Volleyball. Volleyball Earns First ACC Win Of Season At Clemson
- W. Swimming. Women's Swimming & Diving Wins 32nd Dennis Stark Relays
- M. Swimming. Irishmen Win 51st Dennis Stark Relays
- W. Tennis. Gleason, Robinson Take Down Arkansas Duo In Main Draw Consolation
- M. Tennis. Monaghan Falls In Three Sets At All-American Championships
- W. Volleyball. Volleyball Hits Road For Matches At Clemson & Georgia Tech
- Football. Pat And Jana Eilers Endow Defensive Backs Coaching Position
- M. Soccer. Klekota Rallies Irish With His Toughness