Dec 5, 2012, 2:58 PM EST
The hardware kept rolling in for the Fighting Irish on Wednesday.
Tyler Eifert was named the 2012 recipient of the John Mackey Award, given annually to the nation’s top tight end. The Fort Wayne, Ind. native had 44 receptions for 624 yards and four touchdowns in 12 games. During Notre Dame’s game against Wake Forest, he became the Fighting Irish’s all-time leading receiver among tight ends, and currently has 134 career receptions.
Additionally, head coach Brian Kelly was chosen as the 2012 Home Depot Coach of the Year Award. He will become the first two-time recipient when he receives the honor at tomorrow’s 2012 Home Depot College Football Awards, which will be broadcast on ESPN beginning at 7:30 pm ET (He also won the award in 2009 while at Cincinnati).
At last night’s National Football Foundation (NFF) Awards Dinner, Te’o was a finalist for the William V. Campbell Trophy. Known as the “Academic Heisman,” the award went to Alabama offensive lineman Barrett Jones.
Along with Jones, Te’o is one of four finalists for the Lombardi Award, presented tonight in Houston, to the best college football lineman or linebacker. Should Te’o win, he would become the first Irish player to receive the award since Aaron Taylor in 1993. Stay tuned to @NDHardin for his “Travels with Te’o” during his hectic awards tour.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Open Home Schedule Against Michigan on Sunday
- General News. Historic Irish Track & Field Weekend
- W. Lacrosse. March 4 Matchup Versus Louisville Moved to 3 p.m.
- M. Basketball. Georgia Tech Preview - Five Things To Know
- W. Tennis. Inside Irish: Michigan State & Bowling Green
- Swimming & Diving. Irish Head To Atlanta For 2017 ACC Men's Swimming Championships
- Fencing. Keys To The Meet: ACC Championships
- Baseball. Anteaters Take Tony Gwynn Opener From Irish
- Softball. Irish Complete Day One Of The Mary Nutter Classic
- W. Lacrosse. Casey Pearsall, Irish End Elon's Unbeaten Streak