Dec 22, 2012, 1:59 PM EDT
Notre Dame Gameday, a free iPad app previewing the BCS National Championship game, is now available for download in the iTunes App Store (CLICK HERE).
A high-tech twist on traditional game programs, Notre Dame Gameday allows fans to experience content rather than just read. There are photo and video galleries from every game this season, taking fans inside the locker room and onto the gridiron with Coach Brian Kelly and the undefeated Fighting Irish. Rosters are sortable to display players by name, number or position. The starting lineup are presented as 3D-rendered characters that animate into place. A preview of the Jan. 7 matchup against No. 2 Alabama is packed with infographics and multimedia — even a virtual tailgate party where fans can rally via Twitter.
The app, produced by the University of Notre Dame with support from Adobe and Joe Zeff Design, soared to No. 5 among all free sports apps in the iTunes App Store on its very first day, behind three apps from ESPN and Sports Illustrated magazine. As in real life, Notre Dame goes head-to-head with Alabama in the App Store for the next few weeks, as the University of Alabama is also working on an interactive game program for iPad.
More screenshots and information available at on the Joe Zeff Design website.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- W. Golf. Irish Foursome Named To All-ACC Academic Women's Golf Team
- Football. Irish Extra: Football 101
- Track. Irish Named To All-ACC Academic Track & Field Teams
- Baseball. Seven Baseball Standouts Earn All-ACC Academic Team Honors
- W. Basketball. Niele Ivey Promoted To Associate Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- W. Rowing. Kottkamp Top ACC Scholar-Athlete For Second Straight Year
- Track. Irish Alums Wrap Weekend At USATF Championships
- M. Ice Hockey. Fischer, Gilbert Taken in NHL Draft
- W. Basketball. Ali Patberg Added To USA Basketball U19 World Championship Team
- Monogram Club. Molly Huddle ('06, track) Captures 10,000-Meter U.S. Title