Dec 22, 2012, 1:59 PM EDT
Notre Dame Gameday, a free iPad app previewing the BCS National Championship game, is now available for download in the iTunes App Store (CLICK HERE).
A high-tech twist on traditional game programs, Notre Dame Gameday allows fans to experience content rather than just read. There are photo and video galleries from every game this season, taking fans inside the locker room and onto the gridiron with Coach Brian Kelly and the undefeated Fighting Irish. Rosters are sortable to display players by name, number or position. The starting lineup are presented as 3D-rendered characters that animate into place. A preview of the Jan. 7 matchup against No. 2 Alabama is packed with infographics and multimedia — even a virtual tailgate party where fans can rally via Twitter.
The app, produced by the University of Notre Dame with support from Adobe and Joe Zeff Design, soared to No. 5 among all free sports apps in the iTunes App Store on its very first day, behind three apps from ESPN and Sports Illustrated magazine. As in real life, Notre Dame goes head-to-head with Alabama in the App Store for the next few weeks, as the University of Alabama is also working on an interactive game program for iPad.
More screenshots and information available at on the Joe Zeff Design website.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- W. Basketball. Loyd Takes WNBAâ€™s Top Rookie Prize in July
- W. Soccer. Irish Among Early Top 10
- Monogram Club. Monogram Club To Host Riehle Open On The Road At Stanford
- W. Lacrosse. Ortega Named All-World; Team USA Claims Silver
- W. Lacrosse. Incoming Freshmen Play for World Championship on Sat.
- W. Swimming. Irish Stars Thrive On International Swimming Stage
- W. Golf. Cool, Confident Hamilton Matures in Wyndham Cup Debut
- W. Volleyball. How To Watch Irish Volleyball Matches In 2015
- W. Soccer. Irish, ACC Release Expanded Broadcast Schedule
- M. Golf. Irish Earn A 2015 GCAA Team Academic Award