Dec 31, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
So maybe we weren’t so bad at seeding the top football photos of the 2012 season.
After some upsets in the early rounds, it was “all chalk” in the Elite Eight, as the top four seeds advanced to the Final Four.
So while it’s a bad day to be an NFL head coach on a losing team, it’s a good day if you were part of the FIDM crew that set the photo face-off.
Here’s a closer look…
As expected, university photographer Matt Cashore’s photo of Manti Te’o celebrating in the rain after the Stanford victory (#1) defeated Tyler Eifert’s touchdown catch in Dublin.
In the #2 vs. #10 match-up, Everett Golson‘s two-point conversion dive defeated the four captains in Oklahoma.
Next up, the #3 photo featuring the team’s celebration at USC moved on against the longshot challenger, #27 Te’o sacking Landry Jones.
Finally, the epic goal line stand versus Stanford (#4) defeated the #21 photo of Te’o speaking at the Michigan pep rally.
So the Final Four is set (as a matter of fact, the voting is live now at Facebook.com/NDFootball).
We couldn’t have hoped for a better field. Arguably, it features photos from three of the four most exciting victories this season (Stanford, Pittsburgh and USC, with Oklahoma being the only one missing).
We avoided an all-Manti final, and we even got some parity in the photographers – two photos from Matt Cashore (#1 and #4) and one each from Barbara Johnston (#2) and Mike Bennett (#3).
The final pairing will be matched up tomorrow (Jan. 1), with the winner announced the following day before the Irish leave for Miami.
Get out and vote!
P.S. I was a perfect 4-0 this round, upping my record to 23-5 in the face-off.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Track. Irish Turn In Day One At Georgia Tech, Virginia
- W. Golf. Irish In Sixth Place Midway Through ACC Women's Golf Championship
- Baseball. No. 25 Notre Dame Baseball Shuts Out NC State, 2-0, Friday Night
- W. Tennis. No. 33 Irish Fall To No. 21 Clemson, 5-0
- W. Swimming. Mike Litzinger Named Irish Women's Swimming and Diving Coach
- M. Tennis. No. 37 Irish Fall To No. 12 Wake Forest, 4-3
- Softball. #25 Irish Take On Syracuse In Fifth Annual Strikeout Cancer Series
- W. Basketball. Madison Cable Approved for Final Season of Eligibility with Notre Dame Women's Basketball Team in 2015-16
- Baseball. Irish Extra: Smoyer Takes Next Step and Irish Baseball Benefits
- W. Basketball. IRISH EXTRA: The Challenge Begins Anew for Irish Women's Hoops Program