Jan 1, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
Everett vs. Manti.
#5 vs. #5.
Offense vs. Defense.
A definitive play vs. A legendary celebration.
Barbara Johnston vs. Matt Cashore.
#1 seed vs. #2 seed.
The Facebook photo face-off clash all comes down to this.
After the top four seeds advanced to the Final Four, only the top two survived for the title match-up.
In a battle of Matt Cashore’s Stanford photos, #1 Manti’s celebration defeated the #4 goal line stand. If you think about it, that’s kind of funny, because #1 wouldn’t have been possible if not for the result of the play in photo #4.
In the other match-up, the two-point conversion dive (#2 – photo by Barbara Johnston) edged out the USC Gatorade celebration (#3 – photo by Mike Bennett). Though the USC game was the victory that ultimately sent Notre Dame to the BCS championship, to me, Golson’s dive is the defining play of the season. It capped a comeback in a game that had surely looked like an Irish loss. If not for that, the BCS title wouldn’t even have been a possibility.
So today, the voting continues at Facebook.com/NDFootball. Leave a note “A” or “B” in the comments section. We’ll announce the winner on Wednesday.
By the way, both photos (as well as many of the others featured in the face-off) are available for purchase at photos.nd.edu.
P.S. 2-0 this round. 25-5 so far.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- M. Basketball. Quotes
- M. Basketball. No. 17 Notre Dame Falls Short to Monmouth, 70-68
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Falls At Syracuse In Four Sets
- W. Volleyball. Fry, Morningstar Honored By ACC
- Football. Notre Dame-Stanford 2015 Preview: No Question on Irish Stakes This Week
- M. Ice Hockey. No. 18 Irish To Host The Sixth Installment of the Shillelagh Tournament
- Softball. January Softball Instructional Sessions To Be Offered
- W. Volleyball. Volleyball Looks To Build Towards 2016 During Final Weekend
- W. Basketball. #3 Irish Ball In Bahamas Over Thanksgiving
- Football. Brian Kelly Weekly Media Conference Transcript - vs. Stanford