Jan 10, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
There were 10 Apollo missions before a successful moon landing.
J.K. Rowling was rejected by 12 publishers before someone took on her “Harry Potter” series.
The Wright Brothers didn’t fly on their first attempt.
And we all know Rudy Ruettiger had to try several times to make the Notre Dame football team–after his many attempts to even get into Notre Dame.
Great things take time, effort, patience, and, most importantly, perseverance. Mistakes need to be made to make room for improvement. The Coaches’ Trophy was within the team’s grasp, but there’s still work to be done.
“Disappointment” is a word I’ve read a lot tonight. I’m sure many are disappointed in the outcome of this season. I’m not. True, I’m disappointed in the outcome of this game, but how can I be disappointed in the outcome of the season? From being unranked, overlooked, and “irrelevant” at the beginning of the season to BCS-bound, Grace Hall aglow, and #1 ranked (who woulda thunk?), I refuse to be anything short of optimistic. This team is a work in progress, and they’re almost to where everyone knows they can–and will–be.
This season is one to cherish. It was a season of vast improvement, thrill, and many memories. I look forward to next season and all that it may bring, because the Fighting Irish aren’t done fighting yet.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- 140 days until KICKOFF #BeatTexas 1 hour ago
- "Anyway I can lead my team to victory, that's what I'm all about. I'll play any position" http://t.co/creTDpjvLN 5 hours ago
- "It's a guaranteed first down and a TD 50% of the time" - @ronnie_stanley on his screen pass being added to playbook http://t.co/Bfb8NzzxeZ 5 hours ago
- "Knowing the offense is definitely an advantage, I love to run the ball & come out of the backfield to catch passes" http://t.co/hsfXYdDAkE 5 hours ago
- "We're an older team now, lot of veterans and I really like what we got going here"-Martin on momentum going into '15 http://t.co/2puRlpAGRZ 5 hours ago
- W. Lacrosse. IRISH EXTRA: Irish Show Their Grit Despite Loss Versus Northwestern
- Softball. Oh, What A Night!
- Track. Irish Turn In Day One At Georgia Tech, Virginia
- W. Golf. Irish In Sixth Place Midway Through ACC Women's Golf Championship
- Baseball. No. 25 Notre Dame Baseball Shuts Out NC State, 2-0, Friday Night
- W. Tennis. No. 33 Irish Fall To No. 21 Clemson, 5-0
- W. Swimming. Mike Litzinger Named Irish Women's Swimming and Diving Coach
- M. Tennis. No. 37 Irish Fall To No. 12 Wake Forest, 4-3
- Softball. #25 Irish Take On Syracuse In Fifth Annual Strikeout Cancer Series
- W. Basketball. Madison Cable Approved for Final Season of Eligibility with Notre Dame Women's Basketball Team in 2015-16