Jan 10, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
There were 10 Apollo missions before a successful moon landing.
J.K. Rowling was rejected by 12 publishers before someone took on her “Harry Potter” series.
The Wright Brothers didn’t fly on their first attempt.
And we all know Rudy Ruettiger had to try several times to make the Notre Dame football team–after his many attempts to even get into Notre Dame.
Great things take time, effort, patience, and, most importantly, perseverance. Mistakes need to be made to make room for improvement. The Coaches’ Trophy was within the team’s grasp, but there’s still work to be done.
“Disappointment” is a word I’ve read a lot tonight. I’m sure many are disappointed in the outcome of this season. I’m not. True, I’m disappointed in the outcome of this game, but how can I be disappointed in the outcome of the season? From being unranked, overlooked, and “irrelevant” at the beginning of the season to BCS-bound, Grace Hall aglow, and #1 ranked (who woulda thunk?), I refuse to be anything short of optimistic. This team is a work in progress, and they’re almost to where everyone knows they can–and will–be.
This season is one to cherish. It was a season of vast improvement, thrill, and many memories. I look forward to next season and all that it may bring, because the Fighting Irish aren’t done fighting yet.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- M. Ice Hockey. Frozen Four Bound Irish Honored
- W. Basketball. Two Honored as AP All-Americans
- Baseball. Irish & Cougars Tangle On Tuesday
- M. Lacrosse. Perkovic and Sexton Named ACC Player of the Week Honorees
- M. Basketball. 2017 Evening With Notre Dame Basketball Tickets On Sale
- Football. Jeff Jeffers: Now There Was an Irish Fanatic
- M. Ice Hockey. Windy City Bound: Irish Bounce UMass Lowell, 3-2, In Overtime
- Fencing. Notre Dame Wins Fencing National Championship
- W. Tennis. No. 26 Irish Knock Off No. 37 Miami, 5-2
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Crush Orange in 16-7 Victory