Jan 10, 2013, 9:44 AM EDT
There were 10 Apollo missions before a successful moon landing.
J.K. Rowling was rejected by 12 publishers before someone took on her “Harry Potter” series.
The Wright Brothers didn’t fly on their first attempt.
And we all know Rudy Ruettiger had to try several times to make the Notre Dame football team–after his many attempts to even get into Notre Dame.
Great things take time, effort, patience, and, most importantly, perseverance. Mistakes need to be made to make room for improvement. The Coaches’ Trophy was within the team’s grasp, but there’s still work to be done.
“Disappointment” is a word I’ve read a lot tonight. I’m sure many are disappointed in the outcome of this season. I’m not. True, I’m disappointed in the outcome of this game, but how can I be disappointed in the outcome of the season? From being unranked, overlooked, and “irrelevant” at the beginning of the season to BCS-bound, Grace Hall aglow, and #1 ranked (who woulda thunk?), I refuse to be anything short of optimistic. This team is a work in progress, and they’re almost to where everyone knows they can–and will–be.
This season is one to cherish. It was a season of vast improvement, thrill, and many memories. I look forward to next season and all that it may bring, because the Fighting Irish aren’t done fighting yet.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- M. Ice Hockey. Pro Camp Set To Open On Monday
- M. Golf. Men's Golf Opens Season At Kickoff Challenge
- W. Soccer. Patience Key As #7/6 Irish Top Santa Clara, 2-1
- M. Soccer. #4 Irish, #13 Maryland Battle To 0-0 Draw
- W. Volleyball. The Journey Begins For Volleyball In Tennessee
- Softball. Limited Availability Remains For Softball Academies
- M. Soccer. Keys To The Game: Maryland
- W. Soccer. What To Watch For: Santa Clara
- Football. Day, Farley, Martin, Schmidt and Smith Selected As 2015 Football Captains
- Monogram Club. Mike Sprouse ('96, Tennis) Named ITA Chief Administrative And Marketing Officer