Feb 21, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
The 2013 NFL Draft is just over two months away, and this weekend, several former Notre Dame student-athletes will move one step closer to achieving their lifelong dream of playing on Sundays.
Eight Irish players were invited to the 2013 NFL Scouting Combine. Workouts begin on Saturday and continue through Tuesday.
First round hopefuls linebacker Manti Te’o and tight end Tyler Eifert will be joined by center Braxston Cave, defensive end Kapron Lewis-Moore, safeties Zeke Motta and Jamoris Slaughter and running backs Theo Riddick and Cierre Wood.
With Lewis-Moore and Slaughter recovering from injuries, their participation in the drills will probably be limited, but there are also a series of off-the-field evaluations, screenings and interviews that help teams plan for April.
Tight ends, offensive linemen and special teams players will participate on Saturday, followed by quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers on Sunday, defensive linemen and linebackers on Monday, with defensive backs finishing it off on Tuesday.
If you’re around this weekend, you can watch live and keep up with the results on NFL.com. The 2013 NFL Scouting Combine will also air on the NFL Network.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Football. Pride and Resiliency Fueled 1970 Notre Dame Football Team
- Football. Jack Chevigny: Gridiron Star and Battlefield Hero
- Monogram Club. Catching Up With The Monogram Club
- Cross Country. Keys to the Race: Crusader Open
- W. Volleyball. Jim McLaughlin: New Irish Volleyball Boss Is All About the Numbers
- M. Soccer. Keys To The Game: South Florida
- W. Soccer. What To Watch For: Western Michigan
- Monogram Club. Deceased Members Of The Irish Football Family To Be Honored Saturday
- Football. New NCAA Ruling Shortens Football Pre-Game Festivities
- M. Tennis. Irish Tennis Legend Jimmy Evert Dies At 91