Jun 10, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
After two years the reigns of @NDSportsBlogger was passed this morning from Josh Flynt ’11 to new Fighting Irish Digital Media Communications Assistant, Aaron Horvath. Here is his introduction to the Notre Dame blog family…
I did not graduate from Notre Dame.
I’ll give you some time to let that sink in…
Okay, if you decided to leave the page after that opening, I don’t blame you; I don’t trust non-Notre Dame grads either. For everyone else, welcome. First off, I’d like to thank the ‘godfather’ of the @NDSportsBlogger position, Josh Flynt on laying the groundwork for this one of a kind position.
Enough about Josh, he preached his @FightingIrish sermon to the Notre Dame congregation for the past few years, so lets talk about the future of the blog in which you are reading, but before that I’ll bore you with a little about me.
After growing up and going to high school in the shadows of the ‘Golden Dome’, I moved four hours south to Indiana University (Bloomington, Ind.) for school, completing my undergraduate schoolwork in 2011 and I’m currently a candidate for an MBA.
Throughout the last few years I have been fortunate to have many great opportunities with different companies and to meet and work for many great people. Previously I have had the honor to work for Callaway Golf, adidas, Notre Dame Sports Information and most recently, NCAA Division III, DePauw University in Greencastle, Ind.
Aside from working for the man, I fill most of my free time coaching and playing ‘shooty hoops’ and golf and doing what most males in their mid-20’s do: nothing. Just to throw this out there, if you don’t appreciate the use of an obscure pop culture reference every once in awhile, some of my writing and tweets may be amiss.
Now that you really know everything there is to know about me, here is what you can expect from me in the coming weeks, months and possibly years.
In 2013, the ever-changing journalism industry is trying to find it’s footing with more and more of its users finding their stories and information via the Internet superhighway. The problem that is brought forth by this is that everyone can put their opinion out to the world, therefore requiring the reader to sift through information to determine what they believe to be true or not.
Additionally, are the writers you are reading really giving good insight or information? Or are they just regurgitating what a ‘talking head’ on television is saying?
I am making it one of my goals to bring thoughtful, informed discussion into the lairs of the blog network by reaching out to those in coaching or who have an informed insight in the game.
During my tenure in this position I hope I am able to bring you an inside look into Notre Dame athletics with the professionalism of a journalist and the excitement of a fan.
Until next time…
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- Go behind the scenes & inside the huddles from our 2017 Blue-Gold Game. #GoIrish https://t.co/MU7EJ3gDZT 16 hours ago
- Student. Athlete. Irish. #4for40 twitter.com/si_ncaafb/stat… 20 hours ago
- 🏈Celebrate #NDday by supporting Football, our top-ranked Business School, your favorite Res-Hall & more! ➡️… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- RT @FightingIrish: 📽 #NDDay is LIVE! Tune in for appearances from past & current student-athletes celebrating ND. Watch/Donate:https://t.… 2 days ago
- RT @ian_book23: Embrace the moment 🍀 https://t.co/3dd4Z3qifU 2 days ago
- Baseball. Irish Halt Crusaders Tuesday Night
- Softball. Irish Too Hot For Cats In Five, 10-2
- M. Ice Hockey. Slaggert And St. Cyr Win Gold With Team USA U18’s
- W. Tennis. Inside Irish ACC Championship First Round: Pittsburgh
- M. Tennis. Hagar Snares ACC Player Of The Week Honors
- Baseball. Crusaders Venture To The Eck
- Softball. Irish Resume With Wildcats In Evanston
- M. Lacrosse. Wynne Receives ACC Player Of The Week Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Bjork And Petersen Share MVP Honors
- W. Tennis. Irish Drop Season Finale To Clemson, 6-1