Aug 29, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
In a new partnership between the University of Notre Dame and Upper Deck, we have begun a weekly football series entitled “Trading Card Thursday.” Every Thursday leading up to the Brian Kelly Radio Show at 7 p.m. (ET), we will be presenting a new trading card from the Upper Deck Notre Dame football box set. You watch the Brian Kelly Radio Show live at watchnd.tv.
Brady Quinn – 2003-2006 – Quarterback
In the first of many Trading Card Thursday’s presented by Upper Deck, we will turn our attention to former Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn.
For a chance to win an autographed Brady Quinn Upper Deck trading card, answer the following question on twitter to @NDSportsBlogger or to email@example.com. Brady Quinn was the second Notre Dame football player to attempt 300 passes in a single season (353 attempt in 2004), name the first.
Quinn was selected as the Cingular All-America Player of the Year, the recipient of the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award, the Maxwell Award winner and the MSNBC Most Valuable Player in 2006 after leading the Fighting Irish to 10 wins and a Bowl Championship Series berth in the Sugar Bowl.
Quinn ranked third in the nation in touchdown passes (37) during his senior season and completed 289 of 467 pass attempts for 3,426 yards, averaging 263.5 yards per game and compiling a 146.7 pass efficiency rating.
A Heisman finalist in his senior season, Quinn also finished fourth in the Heisman race for his efforts during his junior season.
A 2006 graduate of Notre Dame, Quinn left South Bend with a pair of degree’s in finance and political science.
Quinn holds a bevy of Notre Dame football records.
– Pass completions in a season (292)
– Pass completions in a career (929)
– Consecutive games completing a pass (49)
– Pass completions per game in a season (24.3)
– Pass attempts without an interception in a game (47)
– Consecutive pass attempts without an interception (226)
– Passing yards in a season (3,919)
– Passing yards in a career (11,762)
– Passing yards per game in a season (326.6)
– Passing yards per game in a career (240.0)
– Touchdown passes in a game (6)
– Touchdown passes in a season (37)
– Touchdown passes in a career (95)
Celebrate the tradition of Notre Dame Football with a comprehensive Upper Deck trading card set featuring some of the most notable names in Fighting Irish history!
· Look for autographs from past Irish greats like: Joe Montana, Jerome Bettis, Tim Brown, Joe Theismann, Paul Hornung, Ricky Watters, Lou Holtz, Brady Quinn, and many more!
· Collect the entire 100-card set featuring players and memorable moments in ND history!
· Look for themed inserts like All-Time Alumni, NCAA All-Americans, National Champions and Golden Dome Glory Days.
· Available at the Notre Dame Hammes bookstore, Meijer and upperdeckstore.com.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- RT @LoganPlantz: Great day learning from the @cubs business operations crew. https://t.co/3fdOrJOgou 4 minutes ago
- Today, the Irish are getting an inside look into the different business operations that support the @Cubs multi-bil… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 hour ago
- The countdown to kickoff continues with our captain #️⃣7️⃣1️⃣ @AlexBars_. #GoIrish ☘ https://t.co/2LTxuw2gBz 3 hours ago
- Great to have @SheldonDay_91 back on campus today with his youth camp, @SDayCamps_92. #GoIrish ☘ #IrishInTheNFL https://t.co/6qQP0SZxeK 4 hours ago
- 😤 @SwedishBlackGuy moving weight this morning. #GoIrish ☘ https://t.co/tEkxBfHxtv 4 hours ago
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish In The NHL Draft
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Volleyball Unveils 2018 Schedule
- M. Golf. Two Irish Golfers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
- Track & Field. Harris Named First Team Academic All-American
- Football. WATCH: Freshmen Move In
- W. Golf. Irish Trio Earn 2018 All-ACC Academic Team Honors
- M. Ice Hockey. Brauer Signs With South Carolina Stingrays
- W. Soccer. Challenging 2018 Schedule Announced For Women's Soccer
- W. Basketball. Women's Basketball Nominated for Three ESPYS
- Track & Field. Irish Set To Compete At USA Track & Field Championships