Aug 29, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
In a new partnership between the University of Notre Dame and Upper Deck, we have begun a weekly football series entitled “Trading Card Thursday.” Every Thursday leading up to the Brian Kelly Radio Show at 7 p.m. (ET), we will be presenting a new trading card from the Upper Deck Notre Dame football box set. You watch the Brian Kelly Radio Show live at watchnd.tv.
Brady Quinn – 2003-2006 – Quarterback
In the first of many Trading Card Thursday’s presented by Upper Deck, we will turn our attention to former Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn.
For a chance to win an autographed Brady Quinn Upper Deck trading card, answer the following question on twitter to @NDSportsBlogger or to email@example.com. Brady Quinn was the second Notre Dame football player to attempt 300 passes in a single season (353 attempt in 2004), name the first.
Quinn was selected as the Cingular All-America Player of the Year, the recipient of the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award, the Maxwell Award winner and the MSNBC Most Valuable Player in 2006 after leading the Fighting Irish to 10 wins and a Bowl Championship Series berth in the Sugar Bowl.
Quinn ranked third in the nation in touchdown passes (37) during his senior season and completed 289 of 467 pass attempts for 3,426 yards, averaging 263.5 yards per game and compiling a 146.7 pass efficiency rating.
A Heisman finalist in his senior season, Quinn also finished fourth in the Heisman race for his efforts during his junior season.
A 2006 graduate of Notre Dame, Quinn left South Bend with a pair of degree’s in finance and political science.
Quinn holds a bevy of Notre Dame football records.
– Pass completions in a season (292)
– Pass completions in a career (929)
– Consecutive games completing a pass (49)
– Pass completions per game in a season (24.3)
– Pass attempts without an interception in a game (47)
– Consecutive pass attempts without an interception (226)
– Passing yards in a season (3,919)
– Passing yards in a career (11,762)
– Passing yards per game in a season (326.6)
– Passing yards per game in a career (240.0)
– Touchdown passes in a game (6)
– Touchdown passes in a season (37)
– Touchdown passes in a career (95)
Celebrate the tradition of Notre Dame Football with a comprehensive Upper Deck trading card set featuring some of the most notable names in Fighting Irish history!
· Look for autographs from past Irish greats like: Joe Montana, Jerome Bettis, Tim Brown, Joe Theismann, Paul Hornung, Ricky Watters, Lou Holtz, Brady Quinn, and many more!
· Collect the entire 100-card set featuring players and memorable moments in ND history!
· Look for themed inserts like All-Time Alumni, NCAA All-Americans, National Champions and Golden Dome Glory Days.
· Available at the Notre Dame Hammes bookstore, Meijer and upperdeckstore.com.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- Josh Adams has been named a semifinalist for the 2017 Doak Walker award, honoring the top running back in college f… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 59 minutes ago
- When the Irish are back at Notre Dame Stadium! #FridayFeeling #GoIrish ☘ #BeatNavy https://t.co/6jy97QQHZn 1 hour ago
- Saying goodbye to @MikeAndMike the only way we know how. Vintage @espngolic. #GoIrish ☘️ #BeatNavy https://t.co/7Sy3KGiMFs 2 hours ago
- Thank you, seniors! #GoIrish ☘ #BeatNavy https://t.co/QdG9wqMtPs 3 hours ago
- Saturday. 3:30pm ET. Notre Dame Stadium. #GoIrish ☘ #BeatNavy https://t.co/fJpEQGPIlm 13 hours ago
- M. Basketball. Irish Roll In 105-66 Blowout Victory Over Chicago State
- Softball. Irish Softball Unveils 2018 Schedule
- W. Basketball. The Muffet McGraw Radio Show, Presented by TireRack.com, Returns Nov. 20
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Wraps Up Home Schedule Against UNC And NC State
- General News. Alex Mansour: Coming Through in the Clutch
- Football. Notre Dame-Navy: Last Hurrah for Seniors
- W. Soccer. Irish to Face No. 2-seed Texas A&M in NCAA Second Round
- Swimming & Diving. #13/18 Irish Wrap Fall Semester At OSU Fall Open Invite
- General News. Annual Notre Dame Athletics Black Friday Sale
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Chicago State - Five Things To Know