Aug 29, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
In a new partnership between the University of Notre Dame and Upper Deck, we have begun a weekly football series entitled “Trading Card Thursday.” Every Thursday leading up to the Brian Kelly Radio Show at 7 p.m. (ET), we will be presenting a new trading card from the Upper Deck Notre Dame football box set. You watch the Brian Kelly Radio Show live at watchnd.tv.
Brady Quinn – 2003-2006 – Quarterback
In the first of many Trading Card Thursday’s presented by Upper Deck, we will turn our attention to former Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn.
For a chance to win an autographed Brady Quinn Upper Deck trading card, answer the following question on twitter to @NDSportsBlogger or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Brady Quinn was the second Notre Dame football player to attempt 300 passes in a single season (353 attempt in 2004), name the first.
Quinn was selected as the Cingular All-America Player of the Year, the recipient of the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award, the Maxwell Award winner and the MSNBC Most Valuable Player in 2006 after leading the Fighting Irish to 10 wins and a Bowl Championship Series berth in the Sugar Bowl.
Quinn ranked third in the nation in touchdown passes (37) during his senior season and completed 289 of 467 pass attempts for 3,426 yards, averaging 263.5 yards per game and compiling a 146.7 pass efficiency rating.
A Heisman finalist in his senior season, Quinn also finished fourth in the Heisman race for his efforts during his junior season.
A 2006 graduate of Notre Dame, Quinn left South Bend with a pair of degree’s in finance and political science.
Quinn holds a bevy of Notre Dame football records.
– Pass completions in a season (292)
– Pass completions in a career (929)
– Consecutive games completing a pass (49)
– Pass completions per game in a season (24.3)
– Pass attempts without an interception in a game (47)
– Consecutive pass attempts without an interception (226)
– Passing yards in a season (3,919)
– Passing yards in a career (11,762)
– Passing yards per game in a season (326.6)
– Passing yards per game in a career (240.0)
– Touchdown passes in a game (6)
– Touchdown passes in a season (37)
– Touchdown passes in a career (95)
Celebrate the tradition of Notre Dame Football with a comprehensive Upper Deck trading card set featuring some of the most notable names in Fighting Irish history!
· Look for autographs from past Irish greats like: Joe Montana, Jerome Bettis, Tim Brown, Joe Theismann, Paul Hornung, Ricky Watters, Lou Holtz, Brady Quinn, and many more!
· Collect the entire 100-card set featuring players and memorable moments in ND history!
· Look for themed inserts like All-Time Alumni, NCAA All-Americans, National Champions and Golden Dome Glory Days.
· Available at the Notre Dame Hammes bookstore, Meijer and upperdeckstore.com.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- We are ND. #GoIrish ☘ https://t.co/HUyOqcJPer 2 hours ago
- Good luck to our #IrishInTheNFL in today’s NFC and AFC Championships. #GoIrish ☘️ https://t.co/iiblEE6bQf 6 hours ago
- RT @PFF: Harrison Smith owns the highest graded season by safeties since 2006! https://t.co/oKrLu2XdNb 6 hours ago
- RT @NDXCTF: Troy Pride Jr. is back on the track and @NDFootball was here to cheer him on to the finals! #GoIrish ☘️ https://t.co/KpytmUOD… 1 day ago
- RT @Lions: It's #Showtime! Grab some 🍿 and watch our favorite 🏈 moments from @ShowtimeTate in 2017. #OnePride https://t.co/zYti4yXUeR 1 day ago
- M. Soccer. Sunday Brunch: The Riley Era-Long Time in the Making
- Swimming & Diving. #22 Irish Complete ACC Sweep At #20/25 FSU
- M. Basketball. Mooney's Career Day Not Enough In Loss At Clemson
- Track & Field. Shead, Irish race to top-three finishes at Notre Dame Invitational
- Fencing. Irish Fencers Find Success At St. John's Invitational
- W. Basketball. No. 5 Irish Look to Carry Momentum into Clemson Game Sunday
- M. Ice Hockey. Replay: Irish Hockey Rolls On
- M. Ice Hockey. #1 Irish Down #18 Wisconsin 4-2 For 16th Straight Win
- Swimming & Diving. #22 Irish In Control After Day 1 At #20/25 FSU
- M. Tennis. Irish Romp In 6-1 Victory Over Spartans