Sep 5, 2013, 7:00 AM EDT
During the football season, a group of six Notre Dame bloggers join forces to ask one another questions and see who can come up with the best and most clever responses. The group of five includes Her Loyal Sons, Inside the Irish, Subway Domer, UHND, ND Nation and NDSportsBlogger (the guy writing this).
It’s Michigan week, so I don’t think anything more is needed to be said.
Here are the links to the other ‘gatherings’ that took place around the interweb:
(Links become live once posted)
For this edition I had the opportunity to ask Subway Domer a trio of brain busters: Here we go!
- 1. What was your biggest takeaway from week one on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball.
- SD: Tommy Rees is the man. He played about as good as you might hope for and was ultrasonic efficient. But, it was the play of the wide receivers that really caught my eye. (DaVaris) Daniels & (T.J.) Jones look like an excellent pair on the field. This year, more than any other year of the Brian Kelly era, we have a receiving corps as opposed to one guy and some others running around.Defensively, I was soberly reminded that we lost the runner-up for the Heisman at middle linebacker. Along with that, I was surprised about how much this team will miss Kapron Lewis-Moore. “Kappy” was an amazing leader and I think the team lost a little focus while playing Temple. That “focus” was something that I thought “Kappy” really helped the team with. Someone needs to step up and step up quickly.
- 2. The NFL is down to their 53-man rosters, what is your biggest surprise in regards to Notre Dame players and what current ND student-athlete will be the best pro and why.
- SD: Jonas Gray. I really thought he looked good during the preseason. Without knowing all the particulars, I was surprised Miami cut him. (Editors Note: Baltimore Ravens recently signed Gray to their practice squad)I guess this is any easier question… Louis Nix. Whatever team drafts Nix, they are drafting a NT for a 3-4 defense. This is why I give Nix the edge over Tuitt, who could play either DT or DE depending upon the scheme. Having a focused position, and a spot that is just perfect for his skills puts Nix on a better path to succeed.
- 3. Give me your favorite Notre Dame tradition and give me a tradition that you wish they would start (If you want some awesome examples, read this: https://ndfootball.wordpress.com/2013/08/22/new-traditions-at-notre-dame/)
- SD: Favorite? Hmmm…. that’s way too tough. I gotta say the Irish Guard. Everything- EVERYTHING about the Irish Guard. I just wish that they were trained in krav maga.New tradition? FREE THE JEWELED SHILLELAGH! It’s time to start bringing that RIVALRY trophy onto the field for the game. Winner hoists it above their heads and inhales all of the glory that it brings. Sounds like a simple request, right? This is the greatest intersectional rivalry in college football. Let’s ice it out.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- RT @FightingIrish: 📽 #NDDay is LIVE! Tune in for appearances from past & current student-athletes celebrating ND. Watch/Donate:https://t.… 27 minutes ago
- RT @ian_book23: Embrace the moment 🍀 https://t.co/3dd4Z3qifU 1 hour ago
- RT @NDFootball: Another Blue-Gold Game in the books! Check out highlights from our Spring Ball showdown. Blue 14 | Gold 27 https://t.co/k… 3 hours ago
- RT @BrianPolian: My kids experienced ND Stadium for the first time today - very cool to have them there! Now it's time to go find the #Iri… 5 hours ago
- RT @NDFootball: A little update to the legendary Notre Dame Stadium tunnel... ...can't wait to run out in front of a sellout for the 256th… 7 hours ago
- Track. Irish Close Record-Setting Day at Baylor
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Earn No. 4 Seed In ACC Tournament
- M. Golf. Golfers Conclude ACCs in 10th
- Football. Sunday Brunch: Irish Football ‘Process’ Ongoing
- Softball. UVA Spoils Irish Afternoon On Day One
- M. Lacrosse. Replay: #6 Irish Tip #16 Heels by One (Of Course)
- Football. Gold Wins Annual Blue-Gold Game 27-14
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Fall to Eagles In Regular-Season Finale
- M. Lacrosse. Wynne and Perkovic Lead Irish To Victory Over Tar Heels
- Baseball. Cavaliers Win Game Three & Series