Oct 10, 2013, 12:10 AM EDT
During the football season, a group of six Notre Dame bloggers join forces to ask one another questions and see who can come up with the best and most clever responses. The group of six includes Her Loyal Sons, Inside the Irish, UHND, ND Nation and NDSportsBlogger (the guy writing this).
Being an off week, we decided to do something special. The blogger formerly known as @NDSportsBlogger, Josh Flynt, returned to ask some questions and answer Her Loyal Sons’ questions. Many of these blogs are being released at random times throughout the week…
Here are the links to the other ‘gatherings’ that took place around the interweb:
(Links become live once posted)
Her Loyal Sons asks Josh Flynt (Former @NDSportsBlogger)
Inside the Irish asks UHND
UHND asks Her Loyal Sons
For this edition Josh had the opportunity to ask Keith Arnold of NBC Sports three questions: Enjoy…
- 1. While enjoying Saturday’s game from the stands, I tweeted that TJ Jones might be one of the most underrated receivers ND has ever had. Over the last couple years, it seems like TJ has been the guy making every big catch or coming up with an important play when the Irish offense needs it most. Agree? Disagree? Is there anyone on the current Irish defense that you think is particularly undervalued?
- KA: I think Jones is one of those “Hall of Very Good” candidates that could have enough skills to end up being a productive NFL player. When you look over his body of work, he certainly doesn’t compare to a guy like Michael Floyd, Golden Tate, or Jeff Samardzija. But he does start sliding in there with guys like Rhema McKnight and Maurice Stovall. Jones’s legacy will likely be determined by how well he plays down the stretch this season. If he’s able to put together a senior season like Stovall, who exploded for 1,149 yards and 11 TDs after being a complementary piece of the offense during his first three seasons, then he’ll climb that ladder. The skeptic would say Jones has played early and often because the Irish had literally zero receiver depth behind Floyd the past few years. But if he’s able to make plays in the return game, work from every receiver spot and be a threat as both a deep man and screen guy, maybe you’re on to something.
- 2. It’s been 12 seasons since the Irish defeated that school from Los Angeles at home. Will 2013 be the year that drought is finally snapped? How do you see next week’s game playing out?
- KA: It should be the week the drought is snapped. It’ll be interesting to watch the Ed Orgeron era start against Arizona on Thursday night and even more interesting to see if the Trojan defense can rally against Rich Rodriguez’s team, an offense that carved up the Trojans last season, too. USC has some problems on the offensive side of the ball and I can think of about 1,000 examples of a college football team going into a tailspin after the head coach is fired and about one or two where the team rallies around the interim guy. It’s hard to overstate how excited USC fans were to fire Kiffin. This guy had literally zero supporters by the time Haden dropped the hammer. So maybe the team will finally come together.
Personnel wise, USC has plenty of top-shelf talent. But the depth chart is mighty thin and the quarterback position is pretty shaky right now. If the Irish want to be taken seriously and get on a roll during October, they’ve got to look good against the Trojans.
- 3. In honor of recently retired blogger The Subway Domer… a) sum up the first half of the 2013 season and b) give your outlook for the second half…in haiku form (two separate ones).
- KA: First Half Haiku:
- While Reesus Fell Twice
To Wolverines and Sooners
Subway Domer quit
O and D improve
Run the table ’til Stanford
BCS or Bust
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- RT @Vikings: .@KyleRudolph82's 6th annual youth football camp drew more than 1,000 kids. 📰: mnvkn.gs/eIcflI https://t.co/vGZsAveA… 7 hours ago
- 4️⃣1️⃣ @Truk_sauce days to go! #GoIrish ☘️ https://t.co/6gfXVehIUp 9 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: For @NDFootball alum @DurhamSmythe, the @NFL is exactly where he is supposed to be. #GoIrish https://t.co/fsB35eefNI 9 hours ago
- No feeling like walking into a sold out stadium on Saturdays. #GoIrish ☘ https://t.co/ImtseiTm4r 10 hours ago
- RT @myraaann: If I told you what God had planned, you wouldn’t understand...☘️ 1 Cor 2:9 https://t.co/t9DS6ihN7f 11 hours ago
- W. Volleyball. Johnson Announces Volleyball Staff For Upcoming Season
- W. Rowing. O'Tighearnaigh Named Honorable Mention All-American
- Football. Irish Trio Named To Bednarik,Maxwell Watch Lists
- Football. Single-Game Irish Football Tickets Available
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Skaters Participate In NHL Development Camps
- Swimming & Diving. Litzinger To Coach In Inaugural ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- W. Soccer. Flores Signs Two-Year Deal with Valencia CF
- Fencing. Kvaratskhelia Named USFCA Coach of the Year
- M. Soccer. Irish Men's Soccer Holding School Supply Drive
- Track & Field. Sunday Brunch: Hoosier Hoops Helped Prepare Sparks for Head Coaching Role