Oct 16, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
Devin Butler is a freshman cornerback from Washington D.C. In the latest “2 Minute Drill,” find out what Devin had to say about baseball, Bora Bora, and acting.
Q: If you could have one superpower what would it be?
A: Mind reading. It would just be cool to know what everybody is thinking.
Q: Who is your favorite football player?
A: Patrick Peterson has always been one of my favorite players ever since he came out of high school.
Q: Describe your pregame ritual.
A: I try not to take everything too serious. I try to just relax, but not be lax.
Q: If you didn’t play football what other sport would you want to play?
A: Baseball. When I played little league, I was an outfielder, but being left handed, I’ve always wanted to be a pitcher.
Q: Tell us something about Devin Butler that people don’t know.
A: I always wanted to act and do school plays when I was little. That’s something I’ve always wanted to do.
Q: What is your favorite football related memory?
A: The first time I ever scored a touchdown in little league. It definitely was a great feeling.
Q: What song has been stuck in your head lately?
A: “Hold On We’re Going Home” by Drake.
Q: What is the best nickname on the team?
A: That’s a tough one. Chris Brown is “Breezy.” Some people call me “Butts.”
Q: What position other than cornerback would you like to play?
A: Defensive end. Oh yeah.
Q: Name something you can’t live without.
A: My family.
Q: What is your favorite movie?
A: Menace II Society.
Q: Where is your favorite spot on campus?
A: Zahm, my dorm. Zahm House, I mean.
Q: Who is the funniest member of the team?
A: I would say Kendall Moore.
Q: Who is the most serious teammate?
A: Cam McDaniel.
Q: Where would you take your ideal vacation?
A: Bora Bora.
If you have a question you would like to have answered by a player in a future “Two Minute Drill” post, write it in the comments section below, tweet at the @NDSportsBlogger or email him at AHorvat3@nd.edu.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- Always great to see @CoachBrianKelly 's Twitter feed filled with #WeAreND 's Welcome to the family #F16HTINGIRISH 1 day ago
- RT @CoachBrianKelly: #WeAreND 1 day ago
- East side stadium renovations are peering over the upper bowl. #TransformationTuesday #GoIrish http://t.co/EScXevHbh8 3 days ago
- RT @CoachBrianKelly: #WeAreND 3 days ago
- . @NDPlayerDev brought Julius Jones back to campus tonight to speak to our players about life after football. #4for40 http://t.co/7pF1SI8S1B 3 days ago
- Football. Football, Uplifting Athletes Bowling Event Set For July 12
- M. Lacrosse. Three Incoming Freshmen Named Under Armour All-Americans
- M. Swimming. Notre Dame Swimming Celebrates Academic Achievement
- Track. Barber To Compete At World University Games
- M. Ice Hockey. Ten Named to Hockey East All-Academic Team
- W. Golf. Irish Foursome Named To All-ACC Academic Women's Golf Team
- Football. Irish Extra: Football 101
- Track. Irish Named To All-ACC Academic Track & Field Teams
- Baseball. Seven Baseball Standouts Earn All-ACC Academic Team Honors
- W. Basketball. Niele Ivey Promoted To Associate Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach