Oct 16, 2013, 10:07 AM EDT
Devin Butler is a freshman cornerback from Washington D.C. In the latest “2 Minute Drill,” find out what Devin had to say about baseball, Bora Bora, and acting.
Q: If you could have one superpower what would it be?
A: Mind reading. It would just be cool to know what everybody is thinking.
Q: Who is your favorite football player?
A: Patrick Peterson has always been one of my favorite players ever since he came out of high school.
Q: Describe your pregame ritual.
A: I try not to take everything too serious. I try to just relax, but not be lax.
Q: If you didn’t play football what other sport would you want to play?
A: Baseball. When I played little league, I was an outfielder, but being left handed, I’ve always wanted to be a pitcher.
Q: Tell us something about Devin Butler that people don’t know.
A: I always wanted to act and do school plays when I was little. That’s something I’ve always wanted to do.
Q: What is your favorite football related memory?
A: The first time I ever scored a touchdown in little league. It definitely was a great feeling.
Q: What song has been stuck in your head lately?
A: “Hold On We’re Going Home” by Drake.
Q: What is the best nickname on the team?
A: That’s a tough one. Chris Brown is “Breezy.” Some people call me “Butts.”
Q: What position other than cornerback would you like to play?
A: Defensive end. Oh yeah.
Q: Name something you can’t live without.
A: My family.
Q: What is your favorite movie?
A: Menace II Society.
Q: Where is your favorite spot on campus?
A: Zahm, my dorm. Zahm House, I mean.
Q: Who is the funniest member of the team?
A: I would say Kendall Moore.
Q: Who is the most serious teammate?
A: Cam McDaniel.
Q: Where would you take your ideal vacation?
A: Bora Bora.
If you have a question you would like to have answered by a player in a future “Two Minute Drill” post, write it in the comments section below, tweet at the @NDSportsBlogger or email him at AHorvat3@nd.edu.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- #NationalDanceDay? We've got it covered. vine.co/v/5AaJUvUqPmO 21 minutes ago
- Last week, we revealed our #ShamrockSeries uniform. Check out the inspiration behind the design. amp.twimg.com/v/c81f9dfb-cd3… 20 hours ago
- RT @Chiefs: 🔒'd in. #ChiefsCamp https://t.co/2BcBv5NIUh 20 hours ago
- RT @IamTJ_Jones: Reporting to camp it's only right that I rep ND on my way in! #IrishForLife #DetroitVsEverybody https://t.co/pVmGbgolNk 1 day ago
- #TBT In 1998, running backs coach Autry Denson became the All-Time Leading Rusher (4,318 career yds) in ND history. https://t.co/pXzKxJx7Ce 1 day ago
- M. Basketball. Jackson Inks Multi Million Dollar Deal With Boston
- M. Golf. Men's Golf Honored With GCAA Team Academic Award
- W. Rowing. Onto World Championships For Gleadow, Team Canada
- W. Rowing. Rowers Earn Team USA Spots
- M. Golf. Barens Qualifies For U.S. Amateur Championship
- M. Basketball. Select-A-Seat Event Coming Up For Men's Basketball
- Softball. Winter Returns, NPF Debuts At Melissa Cook Stadium In August
- M. Basketball. Pro Hoops Alumni Recap
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Hockey Schedule Announced
- M. Ice Hockey. Palmieri Named To Team USA’s World Cup of Hockey Roster