May 8, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
With the 2014 NFL Draft beginning on Thursday, May 8th, I thought we should give a little background on the three possible first round picks (as told to us by the pundits) from the Fighting Irish. Let’s take a look at Louis Nix III.
Louis Nix III, better known as Irish Chocolate, has been the lynchpin on the defensive front for the Irish over the past three seasons at Notre Dame. Nix may not always register eye-popping statistics, tallying 122 tackles, 14.0 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks, but his ability to clog the middle of the line and play the “0” technique is one that has NFL squads excited about his future in football.
Scott Wright (NFLDraftCountdown) – 57th Overall (Second Round) – San Diego Chargers
“Massive 330+ pound space-eater to replace Cam Thomas and anchor middle of their odd front.”
Greg Bedard (MMQB.com) – 25th Overall (First Round) – San Diego Chargers
“Perfect player and perfect scheme. Nix instantly upgrades the middle for the surging Chargers.
Pete Prisco – 25th Overall (First Round) – San Diego Chargers
Will Brinson – 29th Overall (First Round) – New England Patriots
Peter Shrager (Fox Sports) – 38th Overall (Second Round) – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Football. Irish Extra: Football 101
- Track. Irish Named To All-ACC Academic Track & Field Teams
- Baseball. Seven Baseball Standouts Earn All-ACC Academic Team Honors
- W. Basketball. Niele Ivey Promoted To Associate Womenâ€™s Basketball Coach
- W. Rowing. Kottkamp Top ACC Scholar-Athlete For Second Straight Year
- Track. Irish Alums Wrap Weekend At USATF Championships
- M. Ice Hockey. Fischer, Gilbert Taken in NHL Draft
- W. Basketball. Ali Patberg Added To USA Basketball U19 World Championship Team
- Monogram Club. Molly Huddle ('06, track) Captures 10,000-Meter U.S. Title
- Monogram Club. Maddie Buttinger (â€™12, track) Wins Canadian Heptathlon Title At IAAF World Combined Event Capital Cup Challenge