May 8, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
With the 2014 NFL Draft beginning on Thursday, May 8th, I thought we should give a little background on the three possible first round picks (as told to us by the pundits) from the Fighting Irish. Let’s take a look at Louis Nix III.
Louis Nix III, better known as Irish Chocolate, has been the lynchpin on the defensive front for the Irish over the past three seasons at Notre Dame. Nix may not always register eye-popping statistics, tallying 122 tackles, 14.0 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks, but his ability to clog the middle of the line and play the “0” technique is one that has NFL squads excited about his future in football.
Scott Wright (NFLDraftCountdown) – 57th Overall (Second Round) – San Diego Chargers
“Massive 330+ pound space-eater to replace Cam Thomas and anchor middle of their odd front.”
Greg Bedard (MMQB.com) – 25th Overall (First Round) – San Diego Chargers
“Perfect player and perfect scheme. Nix instantly upgrades the middle for the surging Chargers.
Pete Prisco – 25th Overall (First Round) – San Diego Chargers
Will Brinson – 29th Overall (First Round) – New England Patriots
Peter Shrager (Fox Sports) – 38th Overall (Second Round) – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- Got some 🆕 upgrades for your 📲. #WallpaperWednesday #GoIrish x #Rally https://t.co/g9YVxDWlEm 13 hours ago
- Want 🏈? Wear a 😷! Screenshot to the put the mask on your favorite student-athlete or @CoachBrianKelly and share i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- Back in the lab ⚗️ #GoIrish x #Rally https://t.co/BJ55bDcpmn 1 day ago
- RT @ACCFootball: 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭 𝗦𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗱𝘂𝗹𝗲 𝗨𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲: @FSUFootball's 2021 season opener against @NDFootball in Tallahassee will now be played on Sunday,… 1 day ago
- Best college quarterback ➡️ Ian Book. Fighting Irish QB, @Ian_Book12 was named to the Davey O'Brien Award watch l… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago