May 8, 2014, 2:16 PM EDT
With the 2014 NFL Draft beginning on Thursday, May 8th, I thought we should give a little background on the three possible first round picks (as told to us by the pundits) from the Fighting Irish. Let’s take a look at Louis Nix III.
Louis Nix III, better known as Irish Chocolate, has been the lynchpin on the defensive front for the Irish over the past three seasons at Notre Dame. Nix may not always register eye-popping statistics, tallying 122 tackles, 14.0 tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks, but his ability to clog the middle of the line and play the “0” technique is one that has NFL squads excited about his future in football.
Scott Wright (NFLDraftCountdown) – 57th Overall (Second Round) – San Diego Chargers
“Massive 330+ pound space-eater to replace Cam Thomas and anchor middle of their odd front.”
Greg Bedard (MMQB.com) – 25th Overall (First Round) – San Diego Chargers
“Perfect player and perfect scheme. Nix instantly upgrades the middle for the surging Chargers.
Pete Prisco – 25th Overall (First Round) – San Diego Chargers
Will Brinson – 29th Overall (First Round) – New England Patriots
Peter Shrager (Fox Sports) – 38th Overall (Second Round) – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- M. Soccer. Keys To The Game: North Carolina State
- Cross Country. Irish Extra: Piane Invitational Becomes Top Early-Season Meet
- W. Soccer. #14/4 Irish Stunned By Miami In 2OT, 1-0
- W. Volleyball. Irish Fall To Boston College, 3-0, Friday Night At Purcell Pavilion
- W. Tennis. Irish Successful On Day One At Purdue Invite
- M. Tennis. Need To Know: ITA All-American Championships
- Cross Country. Notre Dame Continues Building Tradition at the Joe Piane Notre Dame Invitational
- W. Golf. Irish Continue Fall Slate at Chip-N Club Invitational
- W. Rowing. Fifth Annual Irish Rowing Erg-A-Thon Set For October 9
- Monogram Club. Boxx Leaves A Legacy Of Life Lessons Learned