Jun 2, 2014, 4:03 PM EST
At the University of Notre Dame, the school and athletic department pride themselves on graduating student-athletes and helping set each person up for the next 40 years.
In the recent article from Irish Eyes, Will Slattery looks into former Notre Dame football student-athlete Jerome Bettis’ pursuit of a degree from the University.
Slattery’s piece answers a few questions I’ve always wondered about, why did Bettis leave early without his degree and what pushes him to obtain it years after his retirement from the National Football League. Personally, the piece sheds light on a situation I have always been interested in and does a great job of showing the personal side of both Bettis and his collegiate coach, Lou Holtz.
Bettis’ desire to continue going after his degree even after leaving early for the NFL, winning a Super Bowl and being named to multiple Pro Bowl squads. For that, I admire him.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- One week until National Signing Day! "I’ve been coming to ND games since I was 7. I’ve always wanted to come here.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Seven days until Signing Day: The Irish have seven Heisman Trophy winners. #GoIrish ☘ #IrishBouND18 https://t.co/OENHBjDcCg 8 hours ago
- 🙌🏽 @BigQ56 is a unanimous All-American after earning First Team honors on all five NCAA recognized teams.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 11 hours ago
- Last but certainly not least! @mmcglinch68 and @BigQ56 have been named AFCA First Team All-Americans. #GoIrish ☘ https://t.co/rzFziPGnrG 12 hours ago
- Getting physical in practice 4 😤 #GoIrish ☘ #BeatTigers https://t.co/wV0nwkDKjt 13 hours ago
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Indiana - Five Things To Know
- Football. Quenton Nelson Named 34th Unanimous All-American In School History
- M. Tennis. Irish On Tour: Pro Round-Up
- W. Volleyball. DeJarld Named AVCA Honorable Mention All-American
- W. Soccer. Yu Garners United Soccer Coaches Academic All-Region Honors
- Cheerleading. Notre Dame Leprechaun Tryout Information
- Swimming & Diving. Where The Irish Stand At The Break
- M. Tennis. Kempin, Lebedev Named Irish Men's Tennis Captains
- Football. Quenton Nelson Named First-Team Sporting News All-American
- Fencing. Irish Fencers Excel At December NAC