Jun 2, 2014, 4:03 PM EST
At the University of Notre Dame, the school and athletic department pride themselves on graduating student-athletes and helping set each person up for the next 40 years.
In the recent article from Irish Eyes, Will Slattery looks into former Notre Dame football student-athlete Jerome Bettis’ pursuit of a degree from the University.
Slattery’s piece answers a few questions I’ve always wondered about, why did Bettis leave early without his degree and what pushes him to obtain it years after his retirement from the National Football League. Personally, the piece sheds light on a situation I have always been interested in and does a great job of showing the personal side of both Bettis and his collegiate coach, Lou Holtz.
Bettis’ desire to continue going after his degree even after leaving early for the NFL, winning a Super Bowl and being named to multiple Pro Bowl squads. For that, I admire him.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- They can't stop what they can't catch. #GoIrish ☘ https://t.co/8oPzlHvV48 6 hours ago
- Did you know midyear enrollee @JackLamb_'s favorite emoji is 😂? Get to know more about the LB ⬇️. #GoIrish ☘… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 13 hours ago
- Our men have been staying active in the South Bend community. #GoIrish ☘ #4for40 https://t.co/pAbuRbu55Y 16 hours ago
- RT @mcjavon: And so it begins...🍀 https://t.co/VAyAFwq9Up 17 hours ago
- RT @BrianPolian: This is what Notre Dame is all about - achievement on the field and in the classroom! twitter.com/mej2018/status… 18 hours ago
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame at Wake Forest - Five Things To Know
- M. Tennis. Need To Know: Michigan, Ohio State & Toledo
- Baseball. SCHEDULE CHANGE: First Pitch Rescheduled
- M. Golf. Irish Wrap Play at Prestige at PGA West
- Swimming & Diving. #19 Irish Men In Fifth After Day One Of ACC Championship
- M. Ice Hockey. #3/5 Irish Cap Regular Season At Home Against Michigan State
- Track & Field. Irish Head South for ACC Championships
- Softball. #25 Irish Part Of Star-Studded MNCC Field
- Baseball. Notre Dame to Host Alamo Irish Classic
- Football. Rod West ('90) Named Sugar Bowl President