Jun 2, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
At the University of Notre Dame, the school and athletic department pride themselves on graduating student-athletes and helping set each person up for the next 40 years.
In the recent article from Irish Eyes, Will Slattery looks into former Notre Dame football student-athlete Jerome Bettis’ pursuit of a degree from the University.
Slattery’s piece answers a few questions I’ve always wondered about, why did Bettis leave early without his degree and what pushes him to obtain it years after his retirement from the National Football League. Personally, the piece sheds light on a situation I have always been interested in and does a great job of showing the personal side of both Bettis and his collegiate coach, Lou Holtz.
Bettis’ desire to continue going after his degree even after leaving early for the NFL, winning a Super Bowl and being named to multiple Pro Bowl squads. For that, I admire him.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- Love Thee Notre Dame ☘️ https://t.co/Wg55lDjnvd 1 day ago
- DeShone ➡️ EQ The 12-yard touchdown puts the Irish back on top. ND 35 | Duke 28 4 Q 7:46 https://t.co/gIDFHKItLc 1 day ago
- Young guys stepping up. Freshman cornerback Donte Vaughn gets his first career interception in the 3rd quarter. https://t.co/1lwkJDzEie 1 day ago
- INTERCEPTION! Freshman Donte Vaughn makes a big time play in the end zone. https://t.co/vkSdNyIylD 1 day ago
- TOUCHDOWN IRISH! Sophomore Josh Adams runs it 9 yards into the end zone. https://t.co/T1bCPWr0Ph 1 day ago
- W. Soccer. #24 Irish Tame Panthers In 4-0 Victory
- W. Volleyball. Notre Dame Blows by Hurricanes in Straight-Set Win
- Football. Sunday Brunch: Irish Look Themselves in Mirror
- Football. VanGorder Relieved of Duties; Hudson Assumes Responsibilities
- Football. Notre Dame-Duke 2016: What the Irish Learned
- M. Golf. Irish Battle at Maui Jim Intercollegiate
- W. Golf. Irish Eighth After Two Rounds At The Schooner Classic
- W. Soccer. What To Watch For: Pittsburgh
- Football. Late Field Goal Upends Irish
- M. Golf. Barens' Eagle Boosts Irish First Round