Jun 2, 2014, 4:03 PM EST
At the University of Notre Dame, the school and athletic department pride themselves on graduating student-athletes and helping set each person up for the next 40 years.
In the recent article from Irish Eyes, Will Slattery looks into former Notre Dame football student-athlete Jerome Bettis’ pursuit of a degree from the University.
Slattery’s piece answers a few questions I’ve always wondered about, why did Bettis leave early without his degree and what pushes him to obtain it years after his retirement from the National Football League. Personally, the piece sheds light on a situation I have always been interested in and does a great job of showing the personal side of both Bettis and his collegiate coach, Lou Holtz.
Bettis’ desire to continue going after his degree even after leaving early for the NFL, winning a Super Bowl and being named to multiple Pro Bowl squads. For that, I admire him.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- On this day in 2012 the Notre Dame Fighting Irish defeated USC to earn a National Championship birth in Miami, FL. amp.twimg.com/v/e45edf0d-e35… 10 minutes ago
- Jac Collinsworth discovers what Romeo Okwara is doing when he isn't sacking the QB on this week's 1 on 1 exclusive. amp.twimg.com/v/67ab02ff-2fb… 3 hours ago
- Coach Kelly breaks down this weekend's Shamrock Series win over Boston College on this week's InsideNDFB. amp.twimg.com/v/f305544f-878… 6 hours ago
- RT @outlandtrophy: Today we highlight our semifinalist from @NDFootball OT Ronnie Stanley. Stanley has started 36 straight games. https://t… 6 hours ago
- Coach Kelly discusses this week's preparation against No. 11 Stanford. Watch Live - watchnd.tv/#!/shows/Brian… 7 hours ago
- W. Basketball. Inside The Game: #3 Notre Dame 110, Valparaiso 54
- W. Basketball. No. 3 Notre Dame runs away from Valparaiso
- W. Basketball. #3 Irish Roll Over Valparaiso, 110-54
- Football. Notre Dame-Boston College: The Original
- W. Volleyball. Getting To Know Volleyball's Rebecca Nunge
- W. Swimming. Alice Treuth Wins 200 Back On Final Day of Purdue Invitational
- M. Swimming. Tabahn Afrik Claims First in 100 Free on Final Day of Purdue Invite
- W. Basketball. #3 Irish Ready For Monday Night Hoops At Valparaiso
- Football. Brian Kelly Football Media Conference
- M. Soccer. #7 Irish Advance On PKs After 1-1 Draw With Tulsa