Jun 3, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
What does the price of a ticket mean? Well, on the surface, it dictates the price one must pay to obtain entrance to an event, but on the secondary market the ticket price shows the price people are willing to pay.
Recently, it’s been widely circulated that the Notre Dame – Michigan matchup on Sept. 6th at Notre Dame Stadium has some of the highest ticket prices on the secondary market. Sites such as CoachingSearch.com and TiqIQ have compiled listings using averages of tickets sold on the secondary market and highest priced ticket sold to come up with lists for the upcoming season.
On StubHub, a ticket marketplace, the cheapest ticket for the ND/UM clash is currently $419.95. No one should go crazy about the price, because if I learned anything from being watching numerous Pawn Stars marathons with my Dad, it’s that an asking price is different than the price the product will actually sell for. Oh by the way, I just want to mention that the asking price for a parking pass to the Michigan game will set you back $362.49 if you want to purchase it from StubHub.
It is a great honor to have the highest priced ticket with 80-some odd days to go until the season begins, but honestly, it just shows that the little Catholic University in Michiana continues to be relevant in all aspects of college football.
Take a quick look at the lowest price of tickets on the secondary market for Notre Dame home games this season (all prices come from StubHub):
North Carolina: $170.00
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- M. Ice Hockey. Frozen Four Bound Irish Honored
- W. Basketball. Two Honored as AP All-Americans
- Baseball. Irish & Cougars Tangle On Tuesday
- M. Lacrosse. Perkovic and Sexton Named ACC Player of the Week Honorees
- M. Basketball. 2017 Evening With Notre Dame Basketball Tickets On Sale
- Football. Jeff Jeffers: Now There Was an Irish Fanatic
- M. Ice Hockey. Windy City Bound: Irish Bounce UMass Lowell, 3-2, In Overtime
- Fencing. Notre Dame Wins Fencing National Championship
- W. Tennis. No. 26 Irish Knock Off No. 37 Miami, 5-2
- W. Lacrosse. Irish Crush Orange in 16-7 Victory