Jun 3, 2014, 4:15 PM EDT
What does the price of a ticket mean? Well, on the surface, it dictates the price one must pay to obtain entrance to an event, but on the secondary market the ticket price shows the price people are willing to pay.
Recently, it’s been widely circulated that the Notre Dame – Michigan matchup on Sept. 6th at Notre Dame Stadium has some of the highest ticket prices on the secondary market. Sites such as CoachingSearch.com and TiqIQ have compiled listings using averages of tickets sold on the secondary market and highest priced ticket sold to come up with lists for the upcoming season.
On StubHub, a ticket marketplace, the cheapest ticket for the ND/UM clash is currently $419.95. No one should go crazy about the price, because if I learned anything from being watching numerous Pawn Stars marathons with my Dad, it’s that an asking price is different than the price the product will actually sell for. Oh by the way, I just want to mention that the asking price for a parking pass to the Michigan game will set you back $362.49 if you want to purchase it from StubHub.
It is a great honor to have the highest priced ticket with 80-some odd days to go until the season begins, but honestly, it just shows that the little Catholic University in Michiana continues to be relevant in all aspects of college football.
Take a quick look at the lowest price of tickets on the secondary market for Notre Dame home games this season (all prices come from StubHub):
North Carolina: $170.00
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- RT @FinkeMasterFlex: That practice was FUN... lil rain, high energy, positive vibe...the way football should be 6 hours ago
- "Keep on grinding. Keep doing what we can control. We have guys who will fight to the end for each other as a group… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 8 hours ago
- RT @HeismanTrophy: Football great and retired justice Alan Page selected as 2016 Heisman Humanitarian heisman.com/news/2016/9/28… #Heisman #hum… 10 hours ago
- Butkus Award Watch 👀 Junior LB Nyles Morgan ranks 7th in the country in solo tackles, averaging 6.5 per game. https://t.co/IS1iaAr4uL 15 hours ago
- RT @CoachSanfordND: Fighters fight. 🍀 #FIGHTingIrish #KellensKrusade https://t.co/lQIaiPRQbo 1 day ago
- W. Volleyball. Senior Katie Higgins Reflects on Her Notre Dame Volleyball Career
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Men's Lacrosse Teams Up With Todd Rundgren for Dickinson Academy Special
- Monogram Club. Monogram Club Announces Notice Of Annual Meeting
- Football. Brian Kelly Syracuse Preview Press Conference Transcript
- Football. Irish Meet Orange In Garden State
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Hockey No. 9 In Preseason USCHO Poll
- M. Swimming. Men's Swimming and Diving 2016-17 Captains
- W. Swimming. Women's Swimming and Diving Announce Captains
- M. Soccer. Getting To Know Men's Soccer's Matt Habrowski
- W. Soccer. Ten Questions: Kaleigh Olmsted