Jun 5, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
In a move that not many people were expecting (well, at least I wasn’t), NBC has reassigned Alex Flanagan from her post as the sideline reporter for Notre Dame football games to another position within the Network.
Flanagan sent out a tweet on Wednesday thanking everyone for her seven years at Notre Dame.
It's been a tremendous 7 years for which I am grateful. My comments regarding Notre Dame news. http://t.co/qZNPFepeGO
— Alex Flanagan (@Alex_Flanagan) June 4, 2014
Flanagan joins the likes of Lewis Johnson and John Dockery as former Notre Dame football sideline reporters.
During Flanagan’s tenure in the position, many found her to be a perfect mixture of reporter and charm, the ideal concoction for a sports sideline reporter. Never one to shy away from asking the necessary question, Flanagan endeared herself to Notre Dame fans by the way she carried herself on game days, always willing to say a few words to fans and interact with them on social media.
In the past NBC has done a great job with filling this role with an individual who shares the passion for the game and understands what Notre Dame football means to the college football landscape.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- RT @WOPUnation: The Nation | 2019 https://t.co/pH6939sI8Z 2 hours ago
- Happy birthday to the Golden Mongoose, @ShaunCrawf20. #GoIrish ☘️ https://t.co/JRv6C22c72 4 hours ago
- Clock-in for game day! Good luck to all high school players kicking off their season this weekend. #GoIrish ☘️ https://t.co/3bCHhCIKwg 6 hours ago
- RT @MBoykin814: @SlipperyFox10 Lemme get on a bonus track! 9 hours ago
- RT @BrianPolian: From paradise to the house that Rockne built! So proud of these young men. #808Irish ☘️🏈 https://t.co/UQChCxahiJ 10 hours ago