Jun 5, 2014, 9:57 AM EST
In a move that not many people were expecting (well, at least I wasn’t), NBC has reassigned Alex Flanagan from her post as the sideline reporter for Notre Dame football games to another position within the Network.
Flanagan sent out a tweet on Wednesday thanking everyone for her seven years at Notre Dame.
It's been a tremendous 7 years for which I am grateful. My comments regarding Notre Dame news. http://t.co/qZNPFepeGO
— Alex Flanagan (@Alex_Flanagan) June 4, 2014
Flanagan joins the likes of Lewis Johnson and John Dockery as former Notre Dame football sideline reporters.
During Flanagan’s tenure in the position, many found her to be a perfect mixture of reporter and charm, the ideal concoction for a sports sideline reporter. Never one to shy away from asking the necessary question, Flanagan endeared herself to Notre Dame fans by the way she carried herself on game days, always willing to say a few words to fans and interact with them on social media.
In the past NBC has done a great job with filling this role with an individual who shares the passion for the game and understands what Notre Dame football means to the college football landscape.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- RT @The_Realest55: Let's do this thing!🍀🍀🍀 #GoIrish 9 minutes ago
- RT @CoachBrianKelly: Jonathan's an awesome kid. He could’ve moved on with his degree from ND, but he decided to return to further his educa… 33 minutes ago
- RT @___HG3: Officially a student athlete at Notre Dame ☘️ 57 minutes ago
- Daily reminder... #GoIrish ☘ #PlayLikeAChampionToday https://t.co/eBW6aimIe7 3 hours ago
- #4for40 ☘️ #GoIrish twitter.com/Keivarae1/stat… 18 hours ago
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Remain #1, Trio Up For Hobey Fan Vote
- Softball. The #NDSB30 Top Five: 2010s
- M. Basketball. Notre Dame vs. Louisville - Five Things To Know
- W. Tennis. Irish On Tour: Irish Trio Finding Success on Pro Circuit
- W. Basketball. No. 2 Irish Soar Over Eagles, 89-60
- M. Ice Hockey. Sunday Brunch: Much Ado About Morris
- M. Basketball. Irish Drop Heartbreaker Against No. 20/18 North Carolina, 69-68
- Swimming & Diving. #20/22 Irish Cap An Unbeaten Weekend At Iowa
- Track & Field. Irish Wrap Wolverine Invitational
- W. Basketball. No. 2 Irish Begin Three-Game Homestand Starting Sunday vs Boston College