Jun 5, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
In a move that not many people were expecting (well, at least I wasn’t), NBC has reassigned Alex Flanagan from her post as the sideline reporter for Notre Dame football games to another position within the Network.
Flanagan sent out a tweet on Wednesday thanking everyone for her seven years at Notre Dame.
It's been a tremendous 7 years for which I am grateful. My comments regarding Notre Dame news. http://t.co/qZNPFepeGO
— Alex Flanagan (@Alex_Flanagan) June 4, 2014
Flanagan joins the likes of Lewis Johnson and John Dockery as former Notre Dame football sideline reporters.
During Flanagan’s tenure in the position, many found her to be a perfect mixture of reporter and charm, the ideal concoction for a sports sideline reporter. Never one to shy away from asking the necessary question, Flanagan endeared herself to Notre Dame fans by the way she carried herself on game days, always willing to say a few words to fans and interact with them on social media.
In the past NBC has done a great job with filling this role with an individual who shares the passion for the game and understands what Notre Dame football means to the college football landscape.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Baseball. Baseball Welcomes In Michigan State For Important Non-Conference Game
- Softball. #24 Irish Travel To Michigan State For 2015 Regular Season Finale
- W. Tennis. Irish Sign Five-Star Recruit To 2015 Class
- M. Tennis. Monaghan Nabs First Team All-ACC Honors
- M. Golf. Irish Finish 11th At 2015 ACC Championship
- Softball. #24 Irish Split Senior Day Series As Koerner, Wester Tie Program Records
- Baseball. Irish Fall In 11 Innings At Wake Forest Sunday Afternoon
- Baseball. Irish Fall To Demon Deacons, 4-2, In Saturday Matchup
- Track. Irish Wrap Weekend In Iowa, Michigan
- M. Golf. Irish In 11th After 36 At The ACC Championship