Jun 5, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
In a move that not many people were expecting (well, at least I wasn’t), NBC has reassigned Alex Flanagan from her post as the sideline reporter for Notre Dame football games to another position within the Network.
Flanagan sent out a tweet on Wednesday thanking everyone for her seven years at Notre Dame.
It's been a tremendous 7 years for which I am grateful. My comments regarding Notre Dame news. http://t.co/qZNPFepeGO
— Alex Flanagan (@Alex_Flanagan) June 4, 2014
Flanagan joins the likes of Lewis Johnson and John Dockery as former Notre Dame football sideline reporters.
During Flanagan’s tenure in the position, many found her to be a perfect mixture of reporter and charm, the ideal concoction for a sports sideline reporter. Never one to shy away from asking the necessary question, Flanagan endeared herself to Notre Dame fans by the way she carried herself on game days, always willing to say a few words to fans and interact with them on social media.
In the past NBC has done a great job with filling this role with an individual who shares the passion for the game and understands what Notre Dame football means to the college football landscape.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- . @koymonster is the sixth-straight @NDFootball starting tight end and 28th overall to get selected in the NFL Draft #NFLDraft #bertschybits 21 hours ago
- With the 229th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select Ben Koyack, TE. http://t.co/5dmik3kVGc 22 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: Now & Soon. Keep tabs on the historic Campus Crossroads Project with construction webcams at Crossroads.ND.edu htt… 2 days ago
- Congrats to Grace & Robinson who brought home awards at last night's Notre Dame Athletics OSCARS awards. #goirish http://t.co/pPOXD969qz 3 days ago
- RT @autrydenson: http://t.co/BBlEq719Co 3 days ago
- Baseball. Baseball Falls To Northwestern State, 8-2, Saturday
- Football. Ben Koyack Chosen in NFL Draft
- Track. Irish Women Boost Top Marks On Final Day At Jesse Owens Track Classic
- M. Lacrosse. No. 2 Notre Dame Closes Out Regular Season With 17-8 Win At No.18 Army
- Baseball. Irish Shut Down The Demons, 4-1, Friday Night
- Track. Irish Log Top Finishes On Day One Of Jesse Owens Track Classic
- M. Soccer. Irish Extra: Ferguson Not Far Removed from Championship Form
- M. Lacrosse. Irish Close Out Regular Season At Army On Saturday
- W. Rowing. Kottkamp Named 2015 Notre Dame Valedictorian
- Baseball. Irish Extra: Fiala Upsizes Input to Irish Baseball Offense