Jun 5, 2014, 9:57 AM EST
In a move that not many people were expecting (well, at least I wasn’t), NBC has reassigned Alex Flanagan from her post as the sideline reporter for Notre Dame football games to another position within the Network.
Flanagan sent out a tweet on Wednesday thanking everyone for her seven years at Notre Dame.
It's been a tremendous 7 years for which I am grateful. My comments regarding Notre Dame news. http://t.co/qZNPFepeGO
— Alex Flanagan (@Alex_Flanagan) June 4, 2014
Flanagan joins the likes of Lewis Johnson and John Dockery as former Notre Dame football sideline reporters.
During Flanagan’s tenure in the position, many found her to be a perfect mixture of reporter and charm, the ideal concoction for a sports sideline reporter. Never one to shy away from asking the necessary question, Flanagan endeared herself to Notre Dame fans by the way she carried herself on game days, always willing to say a few words to fans and interact with them on social media.
In the past NBC has done a great job with filling this role with an individual who shares the passion for the game and understands what Notre Dame football means to the college football landscape.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Baseball. Fiala Leads As Irish Drop Heartbreaker
- M. Basketball. Sunday Brunch: The Quiet Sharpshooters
- M. Ice Hockey. Irish Fall In Game Two, Split Weekend Series At BU
- W. Lacrosse. No. 9 Irish Open Conference Play at No. 8 Duke
- Track. Harris Sparks Irish with Two Conference Titles
- W. Tennis. Irish Cruise Past Michigan State, Bowling Green
- Fencing. Irish All-Around Victorious On Day One At ACC Championships
- W. Basketball. ACC Championship at Stake on Sunday on ESPN2
- Softball. Irish Fight To 5-4 Victory Over NCAA Champ #4 OU
- M. Ice Hockey. Hockey East Championship At Stake