Jun 5, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
In a move that not many people were expecting (well, at least I wasn’t), NBC has reassigned Alex Flanagan from her post as the sideline reporter for Notre Dame football games to another position within the Network.
Flanagan sent out a tweet on Wednesday thanking everyone for her seven years at Notre Dame.
It's been a tremendous 7 years for which I am grateful. My comments regarding Notre Dame news. http://t.co/qZNPFepeGO
— Alex Flanagan (@Alex_Flanagan) June 4, 2014
Flanagan joins the likes of Lewis Johnson and John Dockery as former Notre Dame football sideline reporters.
During Flanagan’s tenure in the position, many found her to be a perfect mixture of reporter and charm, the ideal concoction for a sports sideline reporter. Never one to shy away from asking the necessary question, Flanagan endeared herself to Notre Dame fans by the way she carried herself on game days, always willing to say a few words to fans and interact with them on social media.
In the past NBC has done a great job with filling this role with an individual who shares the passion for the game and understands what Notre Dame football means to the college football landscape.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- Got some 🆕 upgrades for your 📲. #WallpaperWednesday #GoIrish x #Rally https://t.co/g9YVxDWlEm 13 hours ago
- Want 🏈? Wear a 😷! Screenshot to the put the mask on your favorite student-athlete or @CoachBrianKelly and share i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 19 hours ago
- Back in the lab ⚗️ #GoIrish x #Rally https://t.co/BJ55bDcpmn 1 day ago
- RT @ACCFootball: 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭 𝗦𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗱𝘂𝗹𝗲 𝗨𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲: @FSUFootball's 2021 season opener against @NDFootball in Tallahassee will now be played on Sunday,… 1 day ago
- Best college quarterback ➡️ Ian Book. Fighting Irish QB, @Ian_Book12 was named to the Davey O'Brien Award watch l… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago