Jun 5, 2014, 9:57 AM EDT
In a move that not many people were expecting (well, at least I wasn’t), NBC has reassigned Alex Flanagan from her post as the sideline reporter for Notre Dame football games to another position within the Network.
Flanagan sent out a tweet on Wednesday thanking everyone for her seven years at Notre Dame.
It's been a tremendous 7 years for which I am grateful. My comments regarding Notre Dame news. http://t.co/qZNPFepeGO
— Alex Flanagan (@Alex_Flanagan) June 4, 2014
Flanagan joins the likes of Lewis Johnson and John Dockery as former Notre Dame football sideline reporters.
During Flanagan’s tenure in the position, many found her to be a perfect mixture of reporter and charm, the ideal concoction for a sports sideline reporter. Never one to shy away from asking the necessary question, Flanagan endeared herself to Notre Dame fans by the way she carried herself on game days, always willing to say a few words to fans and interact with them on social media.
In the past NBC has done a great job with filling this role with an individual who shares the passion for the game and understands what Notre Dame football means to the college football landscape.
About Strong and True
ND Football on YouTube
- #TBT to some of the top moments from our 48-37 victory over Wake Forest in 2017. #GoIrish ☘️ #BeatDeacs https://t.co/1aOxU3UgPC 1 hour ago
- 😊 @DTranquill #GoIrish ☘️ #BeatDeacs https://t.co/RFlkyzX1tK 11 hours ago
- Grit Wednesday. #GoIrish ☘️ https://t.co/CEz5inDeV8 13 hours ago
- .@NicWeishar82 is this week's nominee for the 2018 Captial One Orange Bowl-FWAA Courage Award. MORE: und.com/news/2018/9/19… #GoIrish ☘️ 18 hours ago
- RT @FightingIrish: This week's episode of Inside @NDFootball is LIVE! Look back at the Irish win vs. Vanderbilt before the Week 4 showdown… 20 hours ago